Our Wonderful Week

Today of course my heart is very full. I am always overwhelmed / emotional on Mother’s Day because it helps me reflect on what an honor and priviledge it is to be a mother. I am so grateful and thankful for my children. They are each so amazing in their own ways (see previous blog) and they continually teach me, test my patience, and help me to become a better person. I also love reflecting on my mother and thinking about the things she has taught me, the love she has shown me, and her example. To sum it up, Mother’s Day is one of my favorite days of the year.

I woke up today and snuck into the shower before anyone else woke up. (We have church at 8:30, so Sundays are always EARLY mornings at our house). As I was showering the door swung open wide and Paige came in bursting with excitement. She was ready to give me the Mother’s Day present she had made me at pre-school. “Do you want it now, or later?” she asked me expectantly. I laughed as I told her I would prefer to be dressed when I opened my presents. ; ) I hurried and dressed and went out to see all three girls perched on my bed, patiently waiting to bestow their gifts upon me.

What mother’s heart wouldn’t melt at this sight? They all gave me their cards, my favorite candy bar (Symphony with almond and toffee chips - divine!), and then Tobey completely surprised me by giving me the digital camera I have been wanting for awhile now. While I was oohing and ahhing over my new camera, Avery took this wonderful opportunity to dig into my candy bar and by the time caught her she was happily sitting on the bed, munching on a king size candy bar. : ) She can be so sneaky! It was too cute to do anything but laugh and take pictures. We didn’t have time for breakfast in bed, so we all ate toast and got ready for church in a hurry.



After church, The Regases and Fishes came over and Gramps and Tobey made us a wonderful dinner of ham, cheesy potatoes, and dessert of strawberry shortcake. Yum! It was a nice treat to be able to enjoy a big meal like that without having to do any preparation or clean up : ) It was such a nice Mother’s Day. I really enjoyed it.

The rest of this week has been just as nice. Mostly we have enjoyed spending time with the Regases. It is fun to see them and the girls absolutely adore them. They are so excited every time they come to visit. One of their favorite things to do is to go swimming at the pool where the Regas’ stay (see following pictures). Luckily Aunt Katie & Uncle Bryson love to swim so the girls had a blast swimming with them & I didn't have to swim (not my favorite activity).

The major event of the week is that Tobey was called and sustained as Elder’s Quorum President. We both feel that this is an amazing opportunity for him to serve the elders in our ward. He is excited to get in and serve and get to really know the families in our ward. We know he will be busy, but we both know that the Lord called him for a specific reason. : ) I am still happily serving in the nursery. I love the little ones in my class. It can be challenging, but they are all so sweet!

There are a couple random photos from this week:

Avery has a habit of walking into the tables EVERY time we eat at Subway. It has become a tradition for her. This is from her latest episode:

Here are some of my favorite pictures I took of the girls at the pool:





The Girls with the Greats:

Paige & Gramps:

Me and My Girls on Mother’s Day:

Comments

ty. said…
your blog rocks! i love the back drop...its the bomb shizzle! we have had a lot of fun hanging out with you guys in California. Can't wait to see the post about So Cal.
love you guys!
jen
Lee said…
Hey Melyssa, it is me Lee Ann, from like 10 years ago. How are you? I found you from Jackie's blog. I just want to say Hi. You can check out my blog at leesspottoblog.blogspot.com
And are you related to Jenn and Drostan Orme?
The Englands said…
Hey just wanted you to know I tagged you - go to my blog!

Popular Posts