Our Happy Halloween

Our Halloween was filled with excitement this year. The events were kicked off two Fridays ago when Paige's school had their annual school Halloween carnival. The girls got all dressed up. We ate dinner at the school (hot dogs, chips, cotton candy) and then we played some games, earning tokens to buy prizes with. The girls seemed to enjoy themselves, but it was so overly crowded that my pregnant hormones kicked in. I soon became crabby with rude older kids shoving their way in front of us, being crowded, and just waiting in super long lines. We decided to cash in our tickets and call it an early night. The girls didn't mind though because there was an inflatable jumping castle out in the front of the school that they played in for awhile. I don't have any pictures of it because the camera battery was dead :( Oh well, maybe next year.

On Halloween Paige had her party at school and Kennedy & Avery got to have a little party at Kids World at the gym while I went to my spinning class. Tobey came home early from work so we finally got around to carving our pumpkins (better late than never). We also had a funny photo shoot together with the wig and glasses from my costume which had us all laughing hysterically. :) Then we had a spooky dinner of mummy dogs and swamp slime (crescent wrapped hot dogs & applesauce) and we were off to the ward's trunk or treat. The weather was surprisingly warm & pleasant (a first for Rexburg's Halloween) and the girls got a TON of candy. We still wanted to go trick or treating though so the girls and I went out with my friend and her two sons and Tobey headed off to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. We ended the night by stopping by Katie & Bryson's house but by then the girls were exhausted and ready for bed. We ended up with WAY too much candy, but all in all it was a fun Halloween.







Avery was a chicken for Halloween and whenever you asked her what a chicken said, this was her response.....We are not sure where she picked it up. :)

Comments

Melissa said…
Your kids looked so dang cute! I love the poses of all you guys in the wig. That was a nice touch. Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Cute idea with the mummy hotdogs.
The A Team Mom said…
Hey Melyssa! You are just too fun!!
First, I need to know how you are creating your scrapbook pages that you post. Are they real pages you are printing? Details!! I want to do this it is so cute!
Next, is your friend Katie from WA? She looks very familiar to me!
Your spooky dinner looks like fun and I just LOVE the wig!!
Nichole~
The Jacobsons said…
You and Katie looked so great-although Tobey is rocking that wig too (haha). It was nice to have such great weather!
I loved it! My favorites were:

The wigs. I am surprised you didn't pee your pants. It seriously made me laugh out loud.

The dramatic expressions on your girls' faces because of the pumpkin guts. You might have some drama queens as big as your self on your hands

Avers' chicken noises...is she trying to say cock-a-doodle-doo? So funny!

And finally, I loved the nose picking pics! :) Trip down memory lane!

~Thresa
Hohmann Family said…
WAY too funny!! Hahaha!!!

Popular Posts