California Pages - Take One

Here are some of the scrapbook pages from our family vacation to California. About two weeks ago we got into our minivan, drove straight through the night, and headed to Tobey's parents' house in California for a week long vacation. It was quite the family reunion because all of Tobey’s sisters were there with their kids. We had a great time visiting people, hanging out with family, eating at In-N-Out and other favorite restaurants, going to the Los Angeles Zoo, celebrating Easter together, blessing Hadley, and being able to attend Tobey’s cousin’s wedding on the beach. We had a great time and I will be posting scrapbook pages as I finish them from our little trip. :)

This page is so much fun! As I watched the girls having fun at the kids' table with their cousins, it reminded me so much of when I was little eating with my cousins at my grandma's house. Unfortunately, we didn't have a table so we ate on the stairs, but we had a great time anyway! I am glad that my kids will have the same kind of fond memories of eating with their cousins.

We were able to go and visit Tobey's Grandma Orme (Grandma Lila). The girls had a great time visiting with her and running around and around her house.Grandma Lila and Tobey also showed us the "sour grass" outside her house that all the cousins used to eat when they visited her. The girls and I tried it - it kind of tasted like rhubarb, nice and bitter. :)

After we visited Grandma Lila, we went to In-N-Out for lunch! Yum! Then we went to Reseda Park where Tobey's mom used to take him when he was a little boy. We fed the ducks and played on the playground and had a great time.

It was so much fun to see all the cousins interacting. It was especially fun to watch Kaden & Hadley. Kaden is about two months older than Hadley and they looked so cute together we couldn't help but take tons of pictures of them. They are the two youngest Orme grandkids right now.

The entire family went to the Los Angeles Zoo for a day. The day got off to a bumpy start because on the way to the zoo Avery suddenly threw up all over herself. It was disgusting! We had no extra clothes for her so we cleaned her up the best we could, took her shirt off so she was only wearing a jacket, and braved the zoo anyway! :) After the throw up fiasco, the day was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast looking at the animals and directing us where to go after they searched their maps.


As you can see, we had a lot of fun - more scrapbook pages are yet to come! Stay tuned. :)

Comments

Katie The Lady said…
Wow! What a fun trip!! I need to go away for a while and have some fun-hahaha! I have a huge weakness for large Zoos. They are so fun!

Your girls are so adorable and beautiful!! I love your header picture with them all in their black and white dresses!!

Thanks so much for your bus opinions. I feel much better now, after reading the comments!
Kathi said…
GREAT Scrapbook memories Melyssa! Such cute pictures. SO MUCH FUN!!
Katie Fish said…
Cute pages!! It really was a fun trip! We miss you guys and are excited we get to see you for a little bit on our way home from Denver! See you this week! (hopefully Tobey told you we were coming....and staying with you!haha) :)
Hohmann Family said…
What a blast! I'm in need of a vaca. But it will be a while in coming. You look so great with your family! I'm so glad that you found Tobey!
Christina White said…
Hey Melyssa,

I didn't even know that you went to Cali!! How fun! I can't wait to see more pictures! Hadley is so cute! I really want a baby!!! I actually have been babysitting for my sister-in-law (while she Subs at the schools) and she has a little boy, and I have just realized how different our family would really be if we did get a boy, so I honestly would love all girls too. Maybe here in the next few months I'll have news of a #4 on the way to our house, but not yet. Hey, I miss you! We really DO need to get together!! What is your Friday like? Do you girls want to come over? or if the weather is nice (yeah, like that would ever happen) we could meet at the Park and play! I will call you!

Much Love, Chris
The Jacobsons said…
Looks like so much fun, we had a cousins table growing up to! It's always so much fun to be able to take your kids back to places you loved as a kid.
Melissa said…
How fun! Sounds like a fun trip! It makes me want to get out of Rexburg for a real vaca. Just somewhere warm would be nice. We are heading to St. George in a week, so I guess that will be a little vacation. I am glad you guys had a great time.
The A Team Mom said…
I love your new family picture!!! CA looked like a really fun trip! I still need to find out what program you use to make the scrapbook pages- which are excellent by the way! You are so talented!

Popular Posts