Optimism

Yesterday I had the opportunity to meet with a nathoropathic doctor in Driggs. Tobey and I fasted and prayed that we would know what course of action to take. And immediately upon meeting with her we both felt a sense of comfort. She spent two hours talking with us, getting a full history of my health, eating habits, etc., she explained that naturopaths don't treat a disease, they treat a person taking into account all aspects of their life.
She explained that she deals a lot with thyroid issues, has worked with Graves Disease before, and it is one of her passions. She explained that her purpose was to help me figure out why my immune system is attacking a part of my body, not just to kill the part that it is attacking. Yet, she was practical in the sense that she mentioned while we are taking measures to heal my immune system, she wants to be in contact with the endocrinologist to co-manage my symptoms. She will closely monitor my blood work, TH levels, etc. to see if I am improving.
She is very moderate in her approach. She is willing to work with our financial limitations, lifestyle, etc. For right now she has me off dairy, table salt and refined sugars, and ultimately within the next month or so she is going to have me go off gluten as well because all of these food groups cause problems in people with autoimmune issues. She also put me on two supplements, a tincture of herbs designed to suppress an overactive thyroid, and an amino acid which also helps with too much thyroid hormone.
She wants to see me back in a month after I have more blood work done and we will go from there.
Although I know that this may be a long road, it may be bothersome with all the dietary restrictions, it might be financially straining, etc., I felt a great comfort and peace in her office and have sense felt, that the natural route is the route I should be taking at this time. I am so grateful to have the Spirit to guide me and give me peace and answers when I ask in faith.
I am also grateful that our Heavenly Father provided means for our bodies, spirits, and minds to be healed on this earth. I know that as we strive to take care of ourselves physically, he will bless us. :)

Comments