Update
I realized a couple of days ago that I am very consistent with updating my status on Facebook, but I am very neglectful when keeping up with my blog. I need to work on that. So, for those of you who do not use Facebook and use our blog to keep tabs on us, boy do I have an update for you.
In December Okland informed Tobey they had no work for him lined up after the job in Rexburg was finished, and they advised him to send out his resume. He quickly began getting in touch with every contact he had, sending out resumes left and right. However, he felt strongly impressed that he needed to work for our church. As a side note, a couple years ago he also had this impression, which led to him talking to the Rexburg temple recorder, and starting his masters degree. Anyway, he again contacted the temple recorder in Rexburg who told him he would be a reference for him.
When we went to California for Christmas, Tobey contacted a family friend, President Brimhall, who is now the President of the Los Angeles Temple and asked him if he knew anyone in the church administration building who he could send his resume to. President Brimhall said he knew "exactly" who he could send it to.
With those two contacts, Tobey was contacted by Church Headquarters and was given an interview over the phone. The interview went well, and we traveled to Utah so Tobey could meet with the men who had interviewed him. He met with them and was also able to have a second interview while he was there.
The same day, we were meeting with a friend for lunch and the church called Tobey and offered him a position as the assistant temple engineer in the Los Angeles Temple. They wanted him to start as soon as he could. He put in his two weeks notice with Okland, moved in with his parents for now, and is currently working down there and loving his new job.
The girls and I have been staying in Rexburg while we put the house on the market, and the original plan was to stay until the end of the school year. However, my Graves disease has been acting up since he left (probably because of stress) and I have just not been feeling well, so we decided the girls and I are going to move down to California at the end of next week and stay with his parents until we can find a house to rent so I can have some support while I try to feel better.
Our lives have certainly taken some unexpected turns this year. Yet, as we look back upon all the trials, changes, and challenges our family has gone through, it is impossible not to see the hand of the Lord guiding us. After Tobey was offered this position with the church, we was called with another offer working in Texas for about double the salary he is making right now. We both prayed about it (and I won't lie, I really wanted this job) but we knew that it wasn't right and God wants our family in California right now.
We will be making some sacrifices, selling our home in Rexburg, and having to rent, leaving behind the life we have had for many years, leaving behind friends and family we love so much. And a hard one for me and KK will be leaving behind her amazing endocrinologist. I hope and pray that we will find another doctor that is just as great as Dr. Vance has been for her. It is going to be hard for all of us, but we know we will be watched over.
Please keep our family in your prayers. Pray that we will find the home that is right for us at this time, that our home here will sell, and the girls will quickly adjust to their new lives in California. We are excited about this new chapter in our lives! :)
In December Okland informed Tobey they had no work for him lined up after the job in Rexburg was finished, and they advised him to send out his resume. He quickly began getting in touch with every contact he had, sending out resumes left and right. However, he felt strongly impressed that he needed to work for our church. As a side note, a couple years ago he also had this impression, which led to him talking to the Rexburg temple recorder, and starting his masters degree. Anyway, he again contacted the temple recorder in Rexburg who told him he would be a reference for him.
When we went to California for Christmas, Tobey contacted a family friend, President Brimhall, who is now the President of the Los Angeles Temple and asked him if he knew anyone in the church administration building who he could send his resume to. President Brimhall said he knew "exactly" who he could send it to.
With those two contacts, Tobey was contacted by Church Headquarters and was given an interview over the phone. The interview went well, and we traveled to Utah so Tobey could meet with the men who had interviewed him. He met with them and was also able to have a second interview while he was there.
The same day, we were meeting with a friend for lunch and the church called Tobey and offered him a position as the assistant temple engineer in the Los Angeles Temple. They wanted him to start as soon as he could. He put in his two weeks notice with Okland, moved in with his parents for now, and is currently working down there and loving his new job.
The girls and I have been staying in Rexburg while we put the house on the market, and the original plan was to stay until the end of the school year. However, my Graves disease has been acting up since he left (probably because of stress) and I have just not been feeling well, so we decided the girls and I are going to move down to California at the end of next week and stay with his parents until we can find a house to rent so I can have some support while I try to feel better.
Our lives have certainly taken some unexpected turns this year. Yet, as we look back upon all the trials, changes, and challenges our family has gone through, it is impossible not to see the hand of the Lord guiding us. After Tobey was offered this position with the church, we was called with another offer working in Texas for about double the salary he is making right now. We both prayed about it (and I won't lie, I really wanted this job) but we knew that it wasn't right and God wants our family in California right now.
We will be making some sacrifices, selling our home in Rexburg, and having to rent, leaving behind the life we have had for many years, leaving behind friends and family we love so much. And a hard one for me and KK will be leaving behind her amazing endocrinologist. I hope and pray that we will find another doctor that is just as great as Dr. Vance has been for her. It is going to be hard for all of us, but we know we will be watched over.
Please keep our family in your prayers. Pray that we will find the home that is right for us at this time, that our home here will sell, and the girls will quickly adjust to their new lives in California. We are excited about this new chapter in our lives! :)

Comments
So glad you'll all be together again.
And now you'll be on the road to recovery for sure !!