Back To School, Back To School...

This year we had a lot of fun celebrating the first day of school. We started out by having our annual girls day out lunch and shopping trip where the girls get to buy a brand-new outfit for the first day of school. (I usually buy all the rest of their clothes from consignment and thrift shops). Paige, Kennedy, and I shopped and then went to lunch at Mimi's Cafe. It was a fun day.

Next, we had the girls put on our first annual back to school fashion show. We had a special dinner of Hawaiian pork and long rice, at Grandma and Grandpa Orme's house. We even invited the great-grandparents to come out. Then we had the girls put on a fashion show modeling some of their new back to school clothes. Grandma and Grandpa even made a lighted runway. The girls had me teach them some runway moves and poses and they practiced them for days beforehand. They were SO excited! Avery even picked out out some of KK's old clothes to model. And Hadley Grace wore a dress up. They all walked down the runway and did their poses. It was SO adorable.
When they were done doing their show they wanted Tobey and me to do a show as well. So, we took turns strutting down the runway. I went first because Tobey said he had to find and outfit. When he came out, he was wearing one of Grandma's dresses. He really worked it while he was taking his turn. The girls thought that was SO hilarious! It was such a fun family night.


The morning of the first day of school we had our annual "big" breakfast of pancakes. This year I put the year they were in school on their pancakes in chocolate chips. It was a good way to send them off for their first day.

And of course, we took first day of school pictures of both of them with all their first day excitement.




They were so excited to be going back to Aspen again this year. They both immediately found friends from their classes last year and went happily off to class. Paige is in Mrs. Byington's class and Kennedy has team teachers, Mrs. Farhit and Mrs. Button (one teaches Monday and Tuesday, and one teaches on Thursday and Friday and they switch off Wednesdays). All of their teachers seem very nice.
And Avery is in pre-school AGAIN this year. She is like the super preschooler! I am doing a joy school with six other moms and their kids in our ward so we take turns teaching the class at our houses. So far she loves it. And little Hadley desperately wants to be in the preschool, but she is still too little. When we get Avery ready to go, Hadley has to put on her backpack and take it with us. Then when we drop off Avery Hadley cries and cries, "I go too mom! I go to my school!" It's so sad. I usually spend time at home with her having our own school, reading, singing, coloring, etc. One more cute thing about her. When the girls sit down to do their homework after school, Hadley has to have her homework too. I print out preschool work sheets and she sits quietly coloring them with meticulous care. She is so proud of her work! I hope her enthusiasm for school keeps up for the rest of her life.
We had a great start to this school year!

Comments

Melissa said…
You are such a cute Mom Melyssa! Your girls are just darling in all of their cute outfits! I can't believe how big they are getting.
Granna said…
What a fun family you are. I'm SO glad you are nearby so we can enjoy you. The girls are adorable with their 'poses'.
I remember when Tobey wore that dress to the first day of school. Ah, the memories.
Unknown said…
Too bad Tobey didn't have his wig. You guys are so fun. Your picture came home with the school fund raiser form and it made me sad. Miss ya, lady.
Hohmann Family said…
Your girls are so beautiful! Gosh, they're growing up. Glad it was a good start.

Popular Posts