Avery's Birthday

Avery decided to have a Tangled birthday party this year. When we lived in Rexburg, there were no girls Avery's age, so she never had the opportunity to have a birthday party. We just didn't feel right asking a bunch of boys to come to a princess party. :) So she was in heaven this year because between her primary class and our joy school group, she had a group of girls to ask.
We had a lot of fun making invitations and coming up with different Tangled games and decorations for her party. She counted down the days and was so excited when the day of her party arrived. (We did not have her party on her birthday because her birthday was a Sunday this year).
Earlier in the day Tobey took Avery out for his traditional lunch out with daddy. She asked if Hadley could come too because she didn't want Hadley to be sad. Isn't she sweet?

Then the much awaited party came. The girls arrived at the party and were all excited about the braid hanging from the door and the decorations inside. The girls had so much fun eating the doughnut tower cake, hitting the Flynn Rider pinata, dancing with streamers to Tangled music, and playing musical chairs. (Well, almost all the girls. One of Avery's friends was scared of Tobey and spent the entire party curled up in fetal position pretending to be asleep. I tried and tried to coax her out of it.) Avery was so happy to finally have presents from friends to open and she received a lot of super cute presents. Each girl got to take home some princess fruit snacks and a Rapunzel hair clip we made for them. I think that all in all the party was a big success.



On her actual birthday Avery requested waffles, whipped cream, and sausage for her birthday breakfast. We ate then headed off to church. After church she requested nachos for her birthday lunch. We decided since it was such a nice day we would go for a family nature walk on a path in the hills behind some houses nearby. The nature walk turned out to be more of a hike, but we still had a good time being out together.

After our walk we headed home for an amazing dinner of Ramen noodles. ;) - Then Avery opened her presents. She got new clothes, cute boots, art kits, and some new outfits for her doll that I made. All in all she was a pretty spoiled birthday girl

And last but not least here are our birthday questions...
And as per tradition here are Avery’s stats for this year (with a few added questions):
Height: 43.5 inches tall

Favorites:

*color: red
*thing to do outside: ride my scooter
* movie: Beauty and the Beast
*thing to eat for breakfast: Toast
*thing to eat for lunch: Ramen (Again with the Ramen obsession....I promise I don’t make it for them at all - maybe that is why they have this issue)
*thing to eat for dinner: Barbecue
*song: “Beauty and the Beast”
*primary song: “I am a Child of God”
*cereal: Honey Bunches of Oats
*vegetable: Brussels Sprouts (And no she isn’t kidding - she LOVES them!)
*fruit: Oranges
*drink: Root Beer
*toy: Polly Pockets
*TV Show: America’s Funniest Home Videos
*game: “Chutes on the Ladder” (How she says Chutes & Ladders)
*book: "My Letter Book" - A kindergarten workbook she loves to work on
*scripture story: Daniel and the lions’ den
*restaurant: Red Robbin
*holiday: Christmas & “Leprechauns Day”
*animal: Horses, Dogs, & Cats
Random Questions
- Who is your best friend? “I have tons....Kaitlyn, Ashlyn, and Daphne”
-If you could change your name, what would you choose? Katie
- What do you like to take with to bed with you each night? Eleanor & Theodore (beanie babies)
-What do you love about each person in our family? - These are direct quotes from Avery
Dad: “ He plays with us. I love when he snaps at us.”
Mom: “She makes dinner for us and lunch. She always puts makeup on.”
Paige: “She is funny”
Kennedy: “She plays with me sometimes.”
Hadley: "Sometimes she gives me kisses and hugs”
-Where would you like to go on vacation this year?
Camping
-What are some of your wishes for this year?
“I wish I was magic.”
“I wish I could ride a motorcycle.”
-What do you want to be when you grow up?
“An artist.”

We love Avery. She has a contagious happiness about her. She is truly joyful and loves life. She is seldom upset and is always easily cheered up when she does get sad. She is smart and so ready for kindergarten.(I should have started her this year). She still loves to dance and has really good rhythm. I love watching her bust a move to "Just Dance" when she plays on the wii. Her true passion right now is art. She is always making a HUGE mess of my desk with her drawings, puppets, "crafts" as she calls them. She is very artistic for someone her age. I need to start posting pictures of some of her artwork.

Comments

Popular Posts