Messiest Toddler on the Block

The other day I did not feel like making sandwiches again so I decided to try something new. I cooked a bunch of macaroni and mixed it in plain tomato soup. Not fancy, but something different. Well, turns out Avery was obsessed with my concoction. She ate five bowls of it! We were afraid she was going to throw up so we wouldn't give her any more even though she was yelling, "Mo! Mo!" and licking her bowl clean. She was a total mess, covered in tomato soup. (Her hair is also a disaster in the pictures since she just woke up from a nap and had bad bed head). We couldn't believe her little tummy could hold so much macaroni!!! Needless to say she went straight to the bathtub after lunch. I guess the next time she is going through a phase where she doesn't want to eat much I just need to whip out the "lunch goulash". :)
The other pictures where she was eating spaghetti show her new bad habit. She is starting to throw her food on the ground after she is full. Most of the time we catch her before the mess gets too out of hand, but if we are busy with dishes, etc. there are times when we find a land mine of slippery, slimy food all over the ground. We are trying our hardest to get her to stop. Hopefully she will catch on to our discipline tactics soon, before our floor (and walls) are stained orange from tomato sauce! :)





Comments

Crack me up! I think it is hilarious...Kind of like when Chass would eat pancakes! Remember that? He was an emaciated 2 year old and he could eat like 10 grown up sized pancakes. Giddy up.
Dad said…
You just gotta love kids who like what their mama makes for lunch. Great Pics Lyss
Chelsea Emeline said…
Oh my gosh, what a mess! I'm surprised at how dark her hair is getting! It looks more brown than blond in the pictures? Is she really not a little tow-head anymore?

Popular Posts