Catching Up..... Mother's Day 2009

What a crazy past few months.....I am SO behind on blogging. My goal is to catch up soon. So I apologize for the old news. :)

This year Mother's Day started early for me. I heard a knock on the door Friday afternoon and went out to find a package addressed to me. I hurried and opened it and to my surprise it was two dozen roses, chocolate, and a sweet note from my dad wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. The flowers were beautiful, but the thoughtfulness of my father was what made it so special for me. Thanks dad!


On Mother's Day I had the opportunity to go with my sister Michelle, my brother Kyle, my girls, and my mom to Missoula, MT for the annual Pilgrim/Selway Mother's Day picnic. It was a lot of fun to spend time with my mom's side of the family since we don't get to see them that often. With that crew, you are always sure to have a great time.



Since we spent Mother's Day in Missoula I waited until we came home to open my Mother's Day cards Paige and Kennedy had made for me in school. It has truly become my favorite part of Mother's Day to read their cards and see how excited they are giving their gifts to me. I was also able to open my present from Tobey. It was a silverware drawer organizer, since my big present was a new set of silverware. :) All in all I had an amazing Mother's Day.

Comments

Granna said…
Melyssa, your blog is so adorable and fun to look at. It doesn't hurt that you have such a gorgeous family, but all the creativity and extra effort is incredible.

Popular Posts