Bad Luck!
BAD LUCK - I really feel like I have a curse when it comes to driving and semi trucks. I have had several instances where they have either hit me, run me off the road, chipped my windshield by flipping up rocks, etc. However, I had a run in with one yesterday that takes the cake thus far. I was driving to Idaho Falls (5 above the speed limit, as usual) but I was in the right hand lane. A rather large semi pulling two trailers sped by me (going at least 10-15 over the speed limit). As it passes me I see a black blur wizzing toward my van and I heard a sickening crunch sound. My stomach sank because I knew the semi had kicked something large up and it had hit my car. I frantically followed the truck, wrote down the company name, license plate number, trailer number, etc. and once I had all my info I pulled over to the side of the road to survey the damage. It was not a small scratch my friends. As I opened the door to get out and see what had been done, the hinge of the door made a terrible scraping noise and I knew it was a lot worse than I had hoped for. There were huge scratches along my fender leading up to a huge dent right at the driver's door jamb. UGH!!!! My sister, who had been following me in her car said that she saw the rock flying and it was at least the size of a softball.
While I felt lucky it had not hit my windshield, causing me to crash - or flown through the glass and hit one of us - I still have to ask what are the chances of being hit by a 100 mph softball size rock on Highway 20? Apparently the odds are not in my favor.
MORE BAD LUCK - projectiles on the highway are not considered liability so we have to pay our deductible to get it fixed.

EVEN MORE BAD LUCK - We somehow accidentally flipped insurance coverage for our cars, leaving the less expensive deductible for the Honda (what?) and the $1000 deductible for our van. Sweet!

STILL MORE BAD LUCK - When I am stressed out, I eat chocolate and we happen to have a 6 pack of Hershey chocolate bars in our cupboard I was saving for s'mores! Yikes! :)
While I felt lucky it had not hit my windshield, causing me to crash - or flown through the glass and hit one of us - I still have to ask what are the chances of being hit by a 100 mph softball size rock on Highway 20? Apparently the odds are not in my favor.
MORE BAD LUCK - projectiles on the highway are not considered liability so we have to pay our deductible to get it fixed.
EVEN MORE BAD LUCK - We somehow accidentally flipped insurance coverage for our cars, leaving the less expensive deductible for the Honda (what?) and the $1000 deductible for our van. Sweet!
STILL MORE BAD LUCK - When I am stressed out, I eat chocolate and we happen to have a 6 pack of Hershey chocolate bars in our cupboard I was saving for s'mores! Yikes! :)

Comments