Catching Up......Adventures in Utah

While we were in Utah preparing to take Kyle to the MTC we were able to have so much fun together as a family. We rented a condo in Salt Lake which was AWESOME. It had four bedrooms, three floors, huge living spaces, two huge flat screen televisions, a hot tub, etc. We had a blast hanging out, playing games, and being together as a family. We were also able to get out and do some fun things.

The first full day we were all in Utah we headed to Lagoon. It was so much fun!!! It had the perfect mix of adult rides and kid rides to make it fun for the whole family. In fact, since we've been back my girls keep begging us to take them back to Lagoon again. Kennedy says, "Mom, I wish I lived at Lagoon. It was so much fun."



Another day, while searching for something to do, we Dairy Gold Farm Country. It was pretty much a glorified petting zoo. It had all kinds of farm animals: goats, sheep, llamas, turkeys, chickens, pigs, cows, ducks, and our girls' favorite, horses!!! You could buy feed and hand feed all the animals. Then, with your admission each person got a ticket to ride on the horses. Since none of the adults wanted to ride, Kennedy and Avery got several rides each (Paige had left Utah by this time to go back to school). Kennedy was in heaven since her favorite animals are horses.

Another day we went to the Nickelcade in Orem. It is a building that is full of old arcade games that range from motorcycle racers to pinball machines, to wack-a-mole games to rides for little kids. I guess it is similar to Chuck E Cheese, only all the games only cost a nickel (or two). Our family had a blast playing games, riding rides, and earning tickets. We were there so long and played so much that all in all we earned about 3,500 tickets. Each of the girls were able to pick out a BIG prize from at the end. They were so excited since when we usually go to ticket earning places the most we have ever won is about 300 tickets, so all they come home with is a trinket or some candy. This time we came home with a giant Carebear four square ball, a Wind Dancer, a jewelry box, and about five other small prizes. It was a lot of fun.

Stay tuned...more adventures in Utah to come. :) I know you are all super excited.

Comments

Love these pages! Nice work! One of these days I will start taking pictures again...I think I just got overwhelmed that I have so much to scrap, that I just gave up. Grr! Nice work! They are so cute
Katie The Lady said…
I'm glad you guys had an awesome trip! And that condo sounds amazing!!! I would NEVER live in Utah, but I do love to visit because there is so much fun stuff to do there.
Heidi Mae said…
Fun trip...so far. :)
Granna said…
Wow, I didn't know there was so much fun stuff to do in Utah.
Kathi said…
Cute scrapbooking all the fun you guys had - love it! What fun memories for everyone.
Melissa said…
What a great idea to rent a condo! Sounds like you guys had so much fun and lots of activities. We used to go to Lagoon as a kid when I lived in Utah. I want to take my kids next year.
Pat and Heidi said…
I wish you would have let me know that you were here!! Your girls would have loved our backyard and I would have loved to see you guys!!!
Heid

Popular Posts