April Fools Day
We normally don't do anything for April Fool's Day, but this year I wanted to do something fun with the girls. So when they asked me what we were having for dinner I told them we were having cupcakes. They were super excited, but Paige was a little skeptical. All day she kept asking me, "Are we really having cupcakes? Like birthday cupcakes? The kind with real frosting?" etc. As dinner approached, I had Tobey keep the girls downstairs while I prepared their cupcakes for dinner. Of course, any respectable mom would not really serve her kids sugar filled cupcakes for dinner....so I made them meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting! They came up for dinner and to their amazement, there really were cupcakes on their plates. They just kept looking at me with huge eyes, not believing what they were seeing. Paige was the first one to try her cupcake. After she tasted it she giggled and said, "I knew you would not really give us cupcakes for dinner!" Although they weren't real cupcakes, they were really tasty and the girls gobbled them up. Then came another surprise. I announced we were going to have mashed potatoes and peas for dessert. By now, they knew it was a trick too. And they were super excited to have vanilla ice cream mashed potatoes, caramel sauce gravy, and Airhead taffy shaped peas for dessert. Dinner and dessert were a hit! And it was a fun way to celebrate April Fools Day.

Comments
What a fun mom!