I Love Our Neighborhood

Okay, I know I've said it time and time again, but I LOVE my neighborhood. It truly feels like home. We know everyone who lives within three blocks of us and they are all such nice, friendly people. I can't take a walk around the block without having a conversation with someone out in their yard. :) All of our kids are friends, they run around in little packs, playing, dashing back and forth from house to house. It is so much fun.
Every year one of our friends, Nikki, organizes a neighborhood barbecue. We all bring a side dish, have fried chicken and hot dogs and have fun socializing. This year we all pitched in some money and were able to rent a bouncy house and rock climbing wall for the barbecue.
With all the good food, good company, and fun things to do this was the best neighborhood barbecue ever!!!

Comments

Katie The Lady said…
How fun! Can I just say , I love your neighborhood too?! I want to live there!! PS When we move next month, we are staying in the ward...even if they frown upon that kind of thing-hahaha
Heidi Mae said…
What GREAT memories!!!! Being close with neighbors & doing things together IS awesome! I have those same great memories when I was little.
This is Kathi on Heidi's computer :)
Granna said…
Yes! We had a charmed childhood with the same type of neighbors/activities. We were SO blessed to be raised in such a wonderful, friendly, caring & SAFE environment.
Heidi Mae said…
I was shocked to see that I had already made a comment. ;)
One thing I won't miss about this place is the fact that there are no other families around us in this neighborhood. I crave having a friend closer than a 20 min drive, and friends for my kids to play with. So happy that you guys have that!

Popular Posts