Paige's AWESOME FHE Lesson

While Tobey was in Arizona for a week helping with the Gilbert Temple open house, Paige saw that I needed help and offered to do the Family Home Evening Lesson. I gratefully let her take over that responsibility.

She came up with a SUPER fun lesson for us. She called us all upstairs where we found this sign waiting for us.
We then proceeded to do all kinds of fun obstacles that related to Nephi's experiences in the scriptures. We walked a tape tightrope that represented when Nephi and his brothers returned to Jerusalem to obtain the brass plates.
Then we crawled through a tunnel which represented the cave that Nephi, Laman, & Lemuel hid in when they were escaping Laban.
Next we popped balloons. It was supposed to symbolize escaping Laman & Lemuel's abuse. (I'm not sure how that ties in, but it was a lot of fun!)
And last, we shot Nerf guns at a target that was supposed to symbolize "Aiming to follow Heavenly Father's plan no matter what" But the girls also said, it could also symbolize when Nephi's bow broke and he made a new one and went hunting. :)
I am so thankful for Paige and her hard work and willingness to help me out. I am proud of her for having such righteous desires and I look forward to many more of her awesome Family Home Evening lessons. :)
Here is a cute picture of KK and B from that night, just for fun!




Comments

Kathi said…
Very cool & impressive Paige! I love that you had a great lesson with such meaning!

Popular Posts