Valentines Day 2014

This year we had a lot of fun for Valentine's Day.
We started out on Thursday with Hadley's preschool Valentine's Party. This was the first year she's given out Valentines like her sisters. She was pretty excited about it. We gave her classmates bubbles. And she signed the backs of all the cards. It was cute to see the things she wrote on the back. She even embellished a few of them. So cute!
We woke up to find these posters Avery made taped to every door in the house. And when I say, every door, I mean EVERY door. :) 

 Paige and Kennedy both scoured Pinterest to find a Valentines box to make this year. They both decided they wanted to do bubblegum machines. They were pretty labor intensive, but they turned out pretty cute.
A Valentine's tradition in our house is heart hair styles. I tried to make each girl's hair a little different this year. They looked really cute.
I like to find different ways to make food fun on Valentine's day. This year for breakfast we had heart shaped eggs, I tried to make heart shaped bacon ;), and we had healthy heart shaped coconut flour brownies with heart sprinkles. Then for lunches I made heart shaped carrots, strawberries, pepperoni, and quesadillas for the girls' school lunches. Hadley also had a heart shaped hot dog and peanut butter sandwich. They LOVED it! :)
 
I had a fun little photo shoot with Beckham and Hadley during the day while the older girls were at school. I love taking pictures of these little cuties.


After school the kiddos got to open their presents from everyone. Grandma & Grandpa Orme sent the girls candy and cards. Great Grandma Holthaus sent cards with $1.00 in them. Great Grandma Jessie also sent them cards. Grandma Khaki sent them Valentine's Bags with candy and $5.00. And then they got their presents from us. We got them socks, giant pencils, and some cashews and candy. Holy cow are they LOVED (and spoiled)!
Tobey and I don't really go all out for each other on Valentines Day because we try to focus on the kids, but we did get each other some fun little gifts. Tobey got me my FAVORITE dark chocolate and a balloon. And I got him some little snacks and I put fun little sayings on them for him. I am glad we are not the kind of couple who feel like extravagant gifts are in order for this holiday. We like to show love all the time, not just during this funny holiday.
We had so much fun last year doing a "Cupid's Dinner" that we decided to do it again. The girls loved getting their menus and ordering, not knowing what order their dinner would come. This year's menu was heart shaped meatloaf, bacon mashed potatoes, peas, sparkling peach cider, and peppermint ice cream with whipped cream. It was super yummy and super fun!
Tobey had an ear infection all day which made him pretty miserable, but after the girls went to bed we cuddled, watched Captain Phillips, and he indulged me in a little photo shoot. I sure love this guy!

Comments

Kathi said…
Fun Day! Adorable pictures- photo shot :)
The dinner brought tears to my eyes. Love how you made the menu so you can use it again

Popular Posts