My Mini Vacation

This past weekend was a HUGE milestone for me. I made my first ever weekend road trip without my children or husband in tow. I went to Provo for Jenny’s (my sister-in-law) baby shower. I stayed with my Thresa (my sister) & Lani (my old roommate) and was able to see all sorts of family/friends in my short one and a half day stay. I went to two movies, Hairspray & Stardust (both of which I would highly recommend), shopping, a fun baby shower, out to eat, and just had fun conversation with a lot of people I care a lot about. Unfortunately I was there such a short time I didn’t get to see everyone who lives in Utah that I would have liked to and I didn’t take any pictures – but other than that it was a perfect weekend. For all you mothers out there who have never been on a short mini vacation, I would highly recommend it. It is just fun to rejuvenate and selfishly only think about yourself for awhile. As nice and much needed as it was to get away for a couple days, it was twice as much fun to come back home to my family today and hear how much they missed me and to give them all huge kisses and hugs. I think that’s what’s so great about getaways, you have a chance to step back, be yourself, relax, regroup, and realize how blessed you are to be a busy mother/wife. I will definitely be scheduling another “me” weekend in a few months. Thanks Tobey for being so supportive and letting me escape for a couple of days. I love you!

Comments

Misty said…
How fun Melyssa! What a great trip. Props to Tobey as well for making it happen.

Popular Posts