To Tobey -

I know it shouldn't take a national holiday for me to post a blog to you, but Valentines Day always makes me reflect on our relationship. I hope you know how blessed I feel that you are in my life.
YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND.
Thank you always being there to answer the phone when I just need an "adult" to talk to, or someone to tell a funny story to. Thank you for listening when I feel like I am going to have a nervous break down if I don't complain to someone about my rough day. Thank you making me laugh, even when I don't feel like it. Thank you for holding me when I am sad, teasing me when I am in a terrible mood, and loving me the way you do. I could not ask for a better friend than you.
YOU ARE AN AMAZING FATHER.
Thank you for being "the prince", "the dog", "the horse", "the dragon", or whatever make-believe character the girls dream up. Thank you for reading book after book after book in funny voices that make the girls giggle. Thank you for singing bedtime songs and tickling the girls before you say goodnight. Thank you for leading our family in family prayer and scripture study every day. Thank you for letting the girls put makeup on you and do your hair. Thank you for being silly, dancing crazy, wrestling, tickling, and most of all loving. You are the best daddy in the world.
YOU ARE MY STRENGTH.
Thank you for your optimistic attitude and your unwavering faith through trials. Thank you all that you do to help me each day. Thank you for your thoughtfulness, your unselfishness, and your willingness to put others needs before your own. Thank you for all the dishes, dusting, vacuuming, yard work, snow shoveling, and hard work you put in every week to support our family. These things and all the other things you do for us that I have not listed do not go unnoticed.
YOU ARE MY LOVE.
Thank you for your unbelievable love. Thank you for calling me "beautiful". Thank you for kissing me every time you walk through the door. Thank you for holding my hand when we are driving in the car or walking somewhere together. Thank you for bragging about me to your friends. Thank you for making me feel like the most important person in your life. Thank you for always telling me you love me. Thank you for all the back and foot rubs. Thank you for all the sacrifices you make for me and the girls. Thank you for your constant example of what love truly is.
I am so thankful for all of these things and thousands more. I love you more than I have enough words to express. On this Valentines day and every day, I want you to know my love and appreciation for you. Yours always - Melyssa

Comments