Daddy Day Care

Don't die of shock...this post is my first on our family blog. Well Lys left Thursday early evening for her weekend get-a-way to Jackson Hole, Wyoming with other mommies from the ward. It was kind of funny because almost our whole side of the subdivisions wives left this weekend weather it was to Jackson Hole or Utah. There was a couple different wife excursions this weekend and so many dads were left alone with their kids. I took Friday off and Friday morning got Paige ready for school and the other girls ready for the day...I must say I was pretty impressed with my mad pony tail skills.;o)



Friday morning I installed chair rail in KK's room (something that's been on my honey-do list for awhile). I actually just ripped the bottom half of some of our extra door casing which turned out to be pretty decent looking chair rail. I also finished what little trim I had left to do in the basement as well (another thing off my honey do list that's been their awhile).


After lunch my first counslor and I went fly fish while his wife watched the girls. We went fly fishing up in Ashton on the north fork of the river. It was my first time fly fishing and I am officially ADDICTED already. I bought a year long fishing pass so he and I can go out a few more times at least this season. Now is the best time of year to fish (Sept./Oct) and so it was pretty good fishing. My friend has a whole extra set of everything for fly fishing from waders, boots, poles, etc. We waded out to the middle of the North Fork river (pretty strong current actually) and fished for about 4 hours. We caught about 10 fish total, but only kept 6 (3 each).

As we were walking over to their house so I could go fishing, I realized that I had locked ourselves out of the house...DOH!! So when we got back I went through every window of the house to see if I could pop it open or something...after about an hour of attempts with help from neighbors I decided to call a locksmith to come out and let us back in. When we finally got back, in I grabbed the car keys, and we went to Wendy's for dinner. We got there and found another wifeless father from our ward with his sons and an older couple from our ward there as well.
I forgot to give Avery her nap yesterday so she was pretty beat. The girls actually slept in a little bit this morning, but right after breakfast Avery came up to me and said "Lay down...Lay down". She wanted to take a nap already...right after breakfast. Breakfast took a little while since I cooked us up fatty biscuits and gravy with eggs breakfast (oh yeah!)

Since Avery went right back down for a nap, Paige and Kennedy couldn't get dressed since their clothes were in Avery's room (I had Lys pick out some outfits before she left...not my cup of tea picking that stuff out), so they just played the whole morning and early afternoon in their PJ's (outside and everything).

All morning I puttied all the nail holes in the trim (windows and doors) which is yet another thing off my honey do list that's been their awhile. Once Avery woke up we cooked our "fishes". Kennedy named all three of them "Diamond" (I dunno, don't ask). They were absolutely fascinated with the dead cut up fish as I was de-scaling them and so I took the opportunity to explain to them out to gut a fish. They were excited yesterday when I brought them home to eat them, so for lunch we had fish and chips!:o)

After lunch we did some chores together.


And after chores we went and got a treat, came home played some games together, and I checked some more honey do's off my list.

Lys ended up going straight to the Women's conference (kind of unexpected) so I was unprepared and didn't have anything for dinner so the girls and I went to good ole Taco Bell and got a bite to eat. We came home took baths to prepare for Sunday and shortly after mommy finally came home.
So after an eventful past few days....my back is KILLING me! But we made some good memories and my wife is now re-charged for another round of what she does best!;o) She will be posting her VERY nice excursion shortly (she stayed at a resort in a room that was over $850 A NIGHT!!...that's nice!!)

By the way, I-I-I-I and I ONLY get to find out what we are having (baby wise)this Wednesday!!!! CAN'T WAIT! Don't bother asking, because I cannot tell...and won't! It was part of the bargain...sorry! Everyone in the ward is dying to find out too and can't believe I will keep it a secret for long....you just wait and see how long I will keep it a secret!! Ah-ahh-ahh-ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! THE POWER IS MINE!!!!
o.k. that's enough.....didn't do spell check so don't look to closely....I'm tired... give me a break!;o) Tobey

Comments

The A Team Mom said…
Tobey- You do have Mad pony tail skills! Way to go!

Popular Posts