October Birthday Bashes

Again, my apologies for these posts that are WAY past the date they actually occurred.....

Avery Elizabeth turned three years old this year. I seriously can't believe how quickly time is flying by. She is growing into such a cute, lovable, fun little girl. She is full of energy, hugs, giggles, and a wild imagination. The only problem we had with her was her complete unwillingness to even attempt potty training. Two came and went, two and a half came and went, two and three quarters came and went without her so much as wanting to put on a pair of panties. I was starting to freak out, but she was quite stubborn. Finally about a month before her third birthday I decided enough was enough. She was physically and emotionally ready to potty train, she would stand in one place and say, "I'm going to pee!" then do her business and be on her way. SO FRUSTRATING. So I ordered some cloth training pants, rubber pants to put over them, and informed Avery that her "magic panties" were coming in the mail. These panties were amazing because they would help her learn how to go potty in the toilet. When they arrived in the mail, Avery was so excited. She put them on, went potty in the toilet, and was potty trained from that point on. Yes!!!! And I am happy to report, we did potty train her two weeks before her third birthday. :)
Because she was such a big girl and potty trained FINALLY - she got to have her long awaited Ariel birthday. She had some friends come over for dinner & Ariel cake. She opened her presents (about 90 percent of which were Ariel-related) and had a fun dance party in the basement. What a fun party for such a fun little girl. We LOVE you Avery!

Three days after Avery turned three, Paige Adeline turned seven. Since she had a friend party last year, this year was family time. We went out to dinner at Red Robin (her favorite) and then headed over to my sister Michelle's house to open her presents. She was super excited about her sets of pink Legos (so were Tobey & I - it brings back such fun childhood memories to build Lego houses). It was a fun night. Because we were out so late and got home right at bedtime, I told her that she could invite her friends over the next day to eat her birthday cake. She was SO excited! Her friends came over the next day after school and helped her eat her Alvin (her request) birthday cake. Then they had a HUGE pillow fight in the basement.
Paige was very excited to turn seven and is anxiously counting down to her eighth birthday. She is trying SO hard to prepare for her baptism. She is trying really hard to control her little temper (which is quite a feat for her), apologizing immediately if she does lose her temper, and doing her best to keep the commandments. She is trying to learn as much as she can about the gospel (she has SO many questions after we read the scriptures, it's amazing to discuss spiritual things with her). You can tell that her faith is growing stronger and it is such a joy to see her truly trying to be like her Savior, Jesus Christ. I am excited to see her grow spiritually even more this coming year. She is a joy to have in our family and I love her with all my heart.

Comments

Katie The Lady said…
Wow -2 October birthdays! Happy birthday girls!!
lrix said…
I am impressed with your cakes. They are both way cool. Lucky kids to have a talented Mom!
Melissa said…
Such cute cakes Melyssa! Fun birthdays for the two girls in one month! They are getting so big!

Popular Posts