A New Year
My blogging has definitely been lacking the past couple years. SO this year one of my resolutions (which I am starting a couple weeks late in true Melyssa fashion) is to write a weekly update of what went on in our house. In a perfect world I would be able to fashionably document each momentous event of our family life with humorous subtitles and direct quotes from each of my adorable, impeccably dressed children, causing each and every person who read my blog to wish they lived with us......In reality, I am just hoping to remember what went on the month before. Hahaha! Time is going by super fast and the reality is, I don't have time to make cute scrapbook pages about each and every event any more. Instead, I am busy living life. So, as hard as it is for me to give up my control and perfection in blog posts, I figure consistent posts are better than an occasional cutesy one. So, here's to the new year and remembering my children's childhoods!
With that said, last week was pretty fun. On Monday, the girls were really dreading heading back to school after the two week break. To make things a little easier for them I made them chocolate chip waffles and sausage to ease the blow.
We had a fun afternoon at the park feeding the ducks.

On Friday we had a really fun pajama party at Grandma and Grandpa Orme's house where we had dinner and watched a Taylor Swift concert they'd taped. The girls loved listening to it blasting through Grandpa's new surround sound system. (There is really nothing more exciting than that to our girls, they LOVE Taylor Swift). I forgot my camera, so you'll just have to take my word for it. ;)
And on Saturday we went on a really fun hike as a family. There are tons of little trails in Newbury Park interspersed throughout the hills in between neighborhoods. I still marvel when I think we are hiking outside in 60 degree weather in the middle of January! So cool! We had a lot of fun.
We had a great week! Hopefully the rest of the year is just as much fun!
With that said, last week was pretty fun. On Monday, the girls were really dreading heading back to school after the two week break. To make things a little easier for them I made them chocolate chip waffles and sausage to ease the blow.
We welcomed a new member to our family. Paige used some of her birthday money to buy a Betta fish, tank, and supplies. She was so excited and promptly named him Louis (after "One Direction Louis"). The girls were in awe of him and literally spent hours watching him float in the water. Hahaha!
The girls put on a fantastic talent show for us with music from a Disney Mania CD they found in a box somewhere. They came up with their own dances and were extra proud of how awesome their moves were.
We had a fun afternoon at the park feeding the ducks.

![]() |
| Paige has apparently decided feeding the ducks is lame now, so she sat on a bench instead. :) |
![]() |
| Hadley decided she wanted to sample what all the fuss was about. |
And on Saturday we went on a really fun hike as a family. There are tons of little trails in Newbury Park interspersed throughout the hills in between neighborhoods. I still marvel when I think we are hiking outside in 60 degree weather in the middle of January! So cool! We had a lot of fun.
We had a great week! Hopefully the rest of the year is just as much fun!



















Comments