Gender Reveal Party

   After I decided to find out the gender of the baby Tobey and I discussed how we were going to announce it to the girls. (None of them knew I had found out what I was having, they only thought Tobey knew). We decided to tell them we were having a "Halfway through the pregnancy Celebration Dinner". We had it at Tobey's parents' house and invited the Regas to come too.
   Tobey's mom was very thoughtful and decorated in blue and pink. Since nobody knew what I was having. She even made blue and pink frosted cupcakes for dessert. Then we went and sat at the tables of the gender we were guessing the baby would be. We had taco soup and had a good time talking with each other.
   After we ate Tobey and I announced that I had in fact found out the gender of the baby and we were going to be announcing what we were having. We brought out a homemade pinata which we told the girls was filled with either pink things if we were having a girl, or blue things if it was a boy. The girls were SO excited. They hit the pinata with all their might. And as soon as pink confetti started falling out - their faces started to fall as well.
    (We tricked them by filling the pinata with pink things because we're mean like that). After they found out we were having a "girl" we went around and interviewed them about how they felt about another sister in the family. The older three were all pretty bummed. Their previous excitement was obviously gone. The only one excited about having a sister was Hadley.
   After we tortured them for a little while, we had them read a card we had made with this poem inside:
   After they read the poem we showed the ultrasound pictures that clearly showed the baby's gender and the girls started bouncing off the walls. They were ecstatic! (Except for Hadley but she was still happy because she found some candy on the ground from the pinata). 
     His parents and grandparents were also thrilled. It was a fun evening and nice to finally let the cat out of the bag!!!!

Comments

Kathi said…
That family picture looks like a HAPPY announcement picture! Hey, I would of sat at the blue table if we were choosing :)

Popular Posts