My Thyroid Biopsy
At the beginning of the year I went to the endocrinologist because I was having some difficulty swallowing. I felt like there was a large lump in my throat. After he examined me, he explained that he felt a large nodule on the right side of my thyroid that worried him. He stated that he wanted to do a biopsy to make sure it wasn't cancer because of it's large size.
Here were my little doctor's visit buddies being so patient while they waited for me to have all my tests and examinations.
I went in the next week for the biopsy. Although it wasn't the most comfortable thing, it wasn't as painful as I was dreading. He used a needle to extract thyroid tissue from several areas of the nodule.
To help take my mind off of things, Tobey took me out for lunch at Red Robin. We had our little buddies, Beckham and Hadley with us.
Here were my little doctor's visit buddies being so patient while they waited for me to have all my tests and examinations.
I went in the next week for the biopsy. Although it wasn't the most comfortable thing, it wasn't as painful as I was dreading. He used a needle to extract thyroid tissue from several areas of the nodule.
To help take my mind off of things, Tobey took me out for lunch at Red Robin. We had our little buddies, Beckham and Hadley with us.
After lunch Beckham and Hadley took turns throwing pennies into the fountain. Beckham thought it was the best thing in the world.
After two long weeks of waiting I was able to go back and get the results of my biopsy. The nodule was benign. No cancer! What a relief. I feel so blessed. We went out to Chick-Fil-A to celebrate being cancer free. I am so glad my husband is there to help me and support me through it.






Comments