My Getaway

This weekend I had the opportunity to go with some of my friends to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. My friend Nikki's husband has amazing perks through his job and one of those was a two night stay at Amangani resort. Nikki invited me and two other friends to go with her for a girls weekend. We left Thursday night and were able to make it home Saturday before Women's Conference. The resort was amazing! You will have to google it to get the full effect. It was pretty funny as we pulled up and left our minivan with the vallet. :) Our room had a balcony with a beautiful view of the Wyoming countryside in the fall. We spent most of our time just relaxing. We lounged in our room and in the hot tub - (Well my legs were in the hot tub. I was a little bummed I couldn't soak due to my pregnancy) - ate amazing food at the restaurant, and just had a great time talking. We spent Friday walking through Jackson and looking in all the little shops and galleries. That night we went out to the Bar J Wranglers ranch for a dinner show. It was really fun. It reminded me of some of the places I used to go with my family when we went on vacation. On Saturday we spent the morning hanging out by the pool, eating brunch, and talking again. There were four women so of course there was bound to be a lot of talking. :) We were able to got to a matinee movie and Women's Conference together before returning home to our families. It was such a wonderful way to get away and rejuvenate. It's always so much fun to come home to my husband and children after being away for a couple of days. I am so thankful to have such amazing women as my friends, they truly made the weekend a blast. I am also grateful to my wonderful husband who encourages me to get away and take time to just be Melyssa instead of "mommy" all the time.
The View from our Room


Relaxing Pool Side



The Girls

The Wranglers

Comments

Melissa said…
Your kids are so dang cute and they are so good! I am so glad that you were able to get away and have a great time! It looks like you guys had a great time! It is always nice to get out and away from the kids for a day or so. We will definitely have to do the IKEA thing again.
lrix said…
Hey Melyssa, your trip looked very relaxing. I found your blog through Melissa's :) Your husband cracks me up. I am impressed by his blogging skills. You can visit mine at scottricksfamily.blogspot, or you can just watch the craziness from across the street. Lacey
Leslie said…
Love your blog. The family is so adorable. I am attempting to be a blogger but I am not doing to well. haa haa.
Leslie said…
Oh and I hope you don't mind I linked my blog to yours.:)
The A Team Mom said…
This looks so wonderful and beautiful! I'm glad you got to go on a get away! Wish I could have been there! Tobey had impressive hair doing skills! and I had to crack up that if he didn't know what to feed the girls they went to Taco Bell! Also, I loved that I got to see more of your house in the pictures! It is SO beautiful! I love your dining room table too. My kids would LOVE a swing set! What a great guy to do some to-do things while watching the girls! I am impressed!!!

Popular Posts