Catch Up....Weekend in Utah

WAY back in June the girls and I took a road trip to Utah to stay with my sister Thresa for a few days while Tobey went on a backpacking trip with the guys in his family. My other sister Michell and her husband Jessy also came down. We crammed a lot of activities into one weekend. We went to Salt Lake and met up with my friend Vanessa & her husband and kids at an outdoor mall that had a really cool outdoor fountain the kids had a blast playing in.

We also went back to the Nickelcade (who could help themselves, that place rocks).

We made a trip to temple square. It was really neat to be there with my girls. We had a good time walking around the temple grounds looking at the beautiful fountains and landscaping. We also visited the visitor's center. The temple is so beautiful I just love going there.

At one of the fountains we were making wishes and throwing coins. Avery was hilarious because she would clasp the coin in between her hands, squeeze her eyes shut as tight as they would go, and then make her wish. It was adorable. She really looked like if she just wished hard enough her wishes would come true. (Too bad she wished for outrageous things like a pet zebra and her own diamond princess castle!)

We had a blast spending a day at the school Thresa works at. We explored her classroom, played in the library, and rumaged through the closets & stage in the gym. I think I had more fun playing on the scooter boards than the girls did. :)

We also went back to Dairy Gold Farm Country. Not because I wanted to, but because the last time we went Paige was not with us and she kept begging (more like nagging) us to take her to ride the horses. We tried to convice her it was not as cool as she was imagining, but she would not believe us. And, I guess it was pretty cool to her because after we came home I asked her what her favorite part of the trip to Utah was and she said it was riding the horses. Who knew horses tethered to a wheel going round and round in circles was so amazing?


Even though it was stressful at times because I was there without Tobey, the girls and I have a lot of fun memories from that trip. Thanks again Thresa for letting us stay with you - we love you tons!

Comments

Katie Fish said…
Okay...1st, that picture of Avery making a wish is probably one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time. 2nd, WOW, you guys had A LOT of fun that trip. And 3rd...SOOOO excited to see you guys in 4 days!
Can you believe we have never been to the Nickelcade?! I guess we will have to check it out.
Granna said…
So cute, Melyssa. I'm going to copy Avery's "wish sincerity" for my own heart-wishes.
Kathi said…
You guys really had a fun filled summer. Thresa has a fun classroom!. Yeah, Avery's wish picture is precious.

Popular Posts