K.K.'s Post

This post is dedicated to Kennedy Kate. The past couple weeks have been busy ones for her. She started preschool, she turned 5 years old, and she single handedly taught herself to ride her bike without training wheels. Kennedy is a very silly girl, but she also has such a serious side. She likes to make sure everything is fair. She can be a little bit on the bossy side, and she likes to make sure we know EVERY time her sisters do something she does not think is correct. :) She is very smart and once she sets her mind to learn something, she will not stop until she has mastered it. We love her to death and are so glad she is a part of our family.

Kennedy started a new preschool this year. She now goes to a preschool in our neighborhood. Her teacher, Ms. Nikki, is one of our good family friends so I was a little worried that Kennedy wouldn't really think of her as a teacher and would have a harder time learning and obeying school rules. Ms. Nikki has assured me that Kennedy is a model student and a joy to have in class. The day before school started she and I went shopping for some new clothes for school. It took a LONG time as Kennedy carefully examined each item of clothing she looked at. She finally chose a few cute things. The ensemble she wore on the first day was her shirt that reminded her of "Hannah Montana"(which she still has never seen), and her sparkly jeans. Isn't she a cutie?

Kennedy's Stats

Height: 42 inches
Weight: 31 lbs.
Favorites:
* movie: Bolt
* food: Ramen
* song: “I Am A Child of God”
* cereal: Honey Bunches of Oats
* vegetable: (She had to think about this one a LONG time) Salad
* drink: Milk
* toy: My stuffed dog “Lucy”
* TV Show: Arthur
* game: Trouble
* book: Pony books
* restaurant: Wingers
* holiday: Christmas
* animal: zebras
Random Questions
-If you could change your name, what would you choose? Lisa
-What do you love about each person in our family? - These are direct quotes from Kennedy
Dad: "Is that he’s fun and he’s restless” (he wrestles with her)
Mom: “Is that she’s very nice.”
Paige: "Is that she be’s funny"
Avery: "Is that she let’s me keep her toys when she doesn’t want them" This answer only came after these others: “Is that she says potty words.” and “Is that she be’s mean to me.” (I made her say something nice)
Hadley: "Is that because she talks funny"
-Where would you like to go on vacation this year?
Hiking or to California
-What are some of your wishes for this year?
“I wish I had a bigger yard so I could have a horse.”
“I wish I had a house that was a barn with no hay, just a house that was painted like a barn.”
-What do you want to be when you grow up?
“A cowgirl because I like cowgirls and I like barns.”

Since Kennedy had a birthday party with friends last year, this year was family year. We had a fun day playing at the park, feeding the ducks, and then having family over for a gourmet dinner of Ramen (K's choice), brownie ice cream cake, and present opening. She was embarrassed that everyone was watching her open her presents so she barely smiled at all. I do know that she liked her presents though because she has been playing with them nonstop since her birthday.

The day before her birthday Kennedy got to go to Idaho Falls and go shopping with Auntie Michelle for some new clothes. They got lunch at McDonalds and had a picnic by the falls where they befriended a squirrel and fed him french fries. Kennedy chose a cute heart sweatshirt and shiny pink shoes for her present. She had a blast spending one on one time with her Aunt.

We had originally planned to go to the Riot Zone on the night of Kennedy's birthday. However on her birthday we found out that the Riot Zone was not open on week nights anymore. So, we changed our plans and decided to celebrate on Saturday. This was fun because my mom was in town so she was able to go with us too. We told Kennedy that she could pick one friend to come with us and she chose her friend Ella. My mom spoiled the girls and bought them unlimited attraction bracelets so they were able to ride on all the boats, go carts, bouncie houses, climbing walls, etc. They had a blast! It was a really fun day.


This is a video of K.K. riding her bicycle by herself. She decided two days ago she didn't want training wheels anymore so we took them off for her. Yesterday she said, "Mom come see me ride my bike." I went outside not expecting much and this is what I saw. Today she is starting to make turns without putting her feet down. Soon she will be a pro!

Comments

John said…
Happy Birthday, Kennedy. What fun-filled days with your family! And learning to ride your bike without training wheels - what an accomplishment! Hope you had fun.
Love, G'pa Orme.
Granna said…
Melyssa...sigh...you do the most amazing family history work. I don't know how you find the time. Beautiful, beautiful.
Kathi said…
Wow! to everything! Awesome!
Kennedy, way to go teaching yourself how to ride your bike.
love you all
G'ma O

Popular Posts