Cooking With Kids: Easy Peasy Gummy Candy
Although I did not post about it, we did have a cooking day last week. I did not post because we just made cupcakes for Hadley's birthday out of a box (and I KNOW you all already have the recipe for that lol!)
This week we tried a recipe for gummy candy. I have seen several people's blog posts about making this candy, and I had to try it. I went with the recipe from this blog. As a self-professed "candy addict" I can honestly say these were DELICIOUS and SO easy to make. The girls had a blast making and eating them and were so proud of themselves for making their own candy. My only regret is that we didn't have any cool shaped molds to make them in so we had to use our mini muffin pan and make boring circles. (I know what I will be buying with my next 40% off coupon from JoAnns - candy molds! Hahaha) If you like gummy candy, try this out. You won't regret it.
(Sadly, once again there are no pictures of Paige - she had a friend over and was too embarrassed to pose for the paparazzi. Also disregard Avery's haggard appearance, she REFUSES to keep her hair fixed stating she wants to look like Ariel and Ariel does not wear "hair pretties")



Easy Peasy Gummy Candy
2 three ounce packages of flavored Jello
6 envelopes of Knox unflavored gelatin
2/3 cup of cold water + 1/6 cup water (I am not sure why they measured it this way)
A glass measuring cup set in pot of with simmering water
Candy molds, ice cube trays, or mini muffin tins
First measure the water into the glass measuring cup and slowly add all the gelatin and Jello. Make sure to add it a little at a time and stir it in before adding more.
Once you add all the Jello & Knox together, cover it and let it sit for 10 mintues while you start boiling water in you pot.
After the 10 minutes are up, the jello mixture should look very thick. Put the glass measuring cup into the (now simmering) water and let the goo melt. Be very careful to only melt the goo - NOT cook it, boil it, or burn it. :)
Once melted it should look mostly clear with a little layer of foamy jello on top. The foam is fine, it tastes just as good as the clear liquid.
Pour the liquid into your molds, then set the molds in your refrigerator or freezer for 5-10 mintues to help them set faster. Once set, you can pull them right out of the molds - they don't stick - and enjoy. Keep them stored in an air tight container to prevent dry out. Easy Peasy!!!!
This week we tried a recipe for gummy candy. I have seen several people's blog posts about making this candy, and I had to try it. I went with the recipe from this blog. As a self-professed "candy addict" I can honestly say these were DELICIOUS and SO easy to make. The girls had a blast making and eating them and were so proud of themselves for making their own candy. My only regret is that we didn't have any cool shaped molds to make them in so we had to use our mini muffin pan and make boring circles. (I know what I will be buying with my next 40% off coupon from JoAnns - candy molds! Hahaha) If you like gummy candy, try this out. You won't regret it.
(Sadly, once again there are no pictures of Paige - she had a friend over and was too embarrassed to pose for the paparazzi. Also disregard Avery's haggard appearance, she REFUSES to keep her hair fixed stating she wants to look like Ariel and Ariel does not wear "hair pretties")



Easy Peasy Gummy Candy
2 three ounce packages of flavored Jello
6 envelopes of Knox unflavored gelatin
2/3 cup of cold water + 1/6 cup water (I am not sure why they measured it this way)
A glass measuring cup set in pot of with simmering water
Candy molds, ice cube trays, or mini muffin tins
First measure the water into the glass measuring cup and slowly add all the gelatin and Jello. Make sure to add it a little at a time and stir it in before adding more.
Once you add all the Jello & Knox together, cover it and let it sit for 10 mintues while you start boiling water in you pot.
After the 10 minutes are up, the jello mixture should look very thick. Put the glass measuring cup into the (now simmering) water and let the goo melt. Be very careful to only melt the goo - NOT cook it, boil it, or burn it. :)
Once melted it should look mostly clear with a little layer of foamy jello on top. The foam is fine, it tastes just as good as the clear liquid.
Pour the liquid into your molds, then set the molds in your refrigerator or freezer for 5-10 mintues to help them set faster. Once set, you can pull them right out of the molds - they don't stick - and enjoy. Keep them stored in an air tight container to prevent dry out. Easy Peasy!!!!

Comments