Valentines Day
We had a great Valentine's Day (or couple of days). Yesterday Tobey and I went out to lunch and did some shopping for our Valentine's celebration. We usually keep our Valentine's for each other pretty low key. This year we gave each other socks. :) Yes, we are practical, but nothing says I love you like a nice fuzzy new pair of socks, right? We just don't need a holiday to show our love for each other, we like to show it in small ways each day.
Today we celebrated with our girls. We woke up and had heart shaped homemade poppy seed muffins for breakfast. It is actually our tradition every Sunday to have a big breakfast together, it sets the mood for the Sabbath and is a great way to spend time together as a family before Tobey heads off for his meetings for the rest of the day.

After breakfast the girls got their HUGE piles of Valentines everyone had sent them in the mail. They had cards from Grandma Holthaus and Grandma Jessie (in every card was $1.00 - the girls felt rich with $2.00 each!). They had a CD with fun music and boxes of conversation hearts from Grandma and Grandpa Orme. And they received chocolates, cards, and Valentine jewlery from Grandma Khaki & Papa Dave. As as tradition they had little presents from us as well, heart socks & little animal coin purses. Talk about spoiled!

Today they wore the dresses I made them yesterday. I got four shirts in the junior section at Walmart for $1.00 each and altered them to make smock dresses for the girls. I think they turned out really cute. I also made them each little flower hair clips with the ties I cut off the shirts. I know some people think it's dorky to dress their kids all matchy matchy but I think it's fun. Plus, they LOVE to match each other. I will savor this stage while I can. Aren't they adorable? I definitely think so! :)

After church we called people that we love, had dinner together, and enjoyed spending time together as a family. What could be better than that? I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day too!
Today we celebrated with our girls. We woke up and had heart shaped homemade poppy seed muffins for breakfast. It is actually our tradition every Sunday to have a big breakfast together, it sets the mood for the Sabbath and is a great way to spend time together as a family before Tobey heads off for his meetings for the rest of the day.

After breakfast the girls got their HUGE piles of Valentines everyone had sent them in the mail. They had cards from Grandma Holthaus and Grandma Jessie (in every card was $1.00 - the girls felt rich with $2.00 each!). They had a CD with fun music and boxes of conversation hearts from Grandma and Grandpa Orme. And they received chocolates, cards, and Valentine jewlery from Grandma Khaki & Papa Dave. As as tradition they had little presents from us as well, heart socks & little animal coin purses. Talk about spoiled!

Today they wore the dresses I made them yesterday. I got four shirts in the junior section at Walmart for $1.00 each and altered them to make smock dresses for the girls. I think they turned out really cute. I also made them each little flower hair clips with the ties I cut off the shirts. I know some people think it's dorky to dress their kids all matchy matchy but I think it's fun. Plus, they LOVE to match each other. I will savor this stage while I can. Aren't they adorable? I definitely think so! :)

After church we called people that we love, had dinner together, and enjoyed spending time together as a family. What could be better than that? I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day too!

Comments
What a fun day for you all.