life

This morning I was rushing around trying to clean up the breakfast mess, direct everyone into getting themselves dressed, fold loads of laundry that have been sitting in baskets since monday, make sure everyone’s beds were made, re-roll the toilet paper again for the thousandth time this week (thank you Hadley), wipe the hundred globs of toothpaste that have appeared all over the sink & counter since yesterday, and try not to go insane with the craziness of it all. I stumbled upon this smack dab in the middle of the living room floor.

On most days I irritably pick it up whatever they have left behind and toss it into it’s proper place in someone’s bedroom. however today it stopped me in my tracks. I was temporarily lifted out of my robot mom mode and I looked around at my two youngest girls. They were blissfully unaware of me sweating, running, and cleaning like a madwoman. in contrast they were laughing, playing, and cuddling their precious care bears - enjoying life. I sat for a few minutes watching them and thinking how much I was going to miss this in about ten years. For all the fingerprints, messes, unraveled toilet paper rolls, chaos, sweat, and work I put in now - I love my life. and I adore my girls.

Comments

Kathi said…
Oh my, I'm all teary eyed now - must need a good cry. Yes, you WILL miss it in 10 years. How wise you are to be able to realize this now & soak up all you can while they are young - and all the fun stages you'll go through.
They are soooo precious! What cute pictures to capture Melyssa. Brings back such good memories. Thank you
(great,now I'm full on crying :)
lrix said…
Great reminder! Thanks for the post.
Heidi Mae said…
To be young and so carefree. We all need to try that more often. I have to remind myself all the time that sitting and playing with my boys is just as productive as doing the laundry and cleaning the house. Thanks for the post.
Melissa said…
That is so adorable! I know what you mean about running all over all day. I just did that same thing the other day with my kids. It is nice to sit back and watch them play, especially when they are getting along.
Me too. I'm all teary-eyed! Thanks for the 'reality' check. I needed that. Thanks for sharing.
Hohmann Family said…
This was a wonderful post. You sure know how to capture the moment.

Popular Posts