Adversity

I have been reading a lot of talks on adversity and trials the past couple days, trying to find peace and purpose in what our family is going through right now. I have been comforted beyond measure. I KNOW that our Heavenly Father strengthens and uplifts us during hard times, if we will turn to Him.

"Rather than simply passing through trials, we must allow trials to pass through us in ways that sanctify us....certain forms of suffering, endured well, can actually be ennobling." - Neal A. Maxwell

We do not always know why we are called upon to bear hardships, trials, sickness, or grief. However, we can always turn these experiences into blessings if we will turn to the Savior and let the enabling power of the Atonement change us as we are enduring our trials.

I want to bear my testimony that I know we are here on earth for a reason. We are here to learn things we could not otherwise learn. These things are not always easy to bear, but they will definitely be WORTH it, if we can endure to the end, never wavering in our faith and determination to keep the commandments of God.

Comments

Kathi said…
Great! I needed to water my testimony along with yours! Thank you so much for that. It's wonderful!
AND, I love you even more for changing the red. I can read it so easy now :) :) :)
Kathi said…
p.s. I tell the YW it's okay to cry when bearing your testimony - you are just watering it to help it grow more :)

Popular Posts