First Grade

Yesterday was Paige's first day of first grade. All summer she has been both excited and nervous to start school full time. She was curious what her teacher would be like, excited to eat lunch in the cafeteria, and a little worried about bullies. (I am not sure where that fear came from). The night before school started Tobey was able to give her a father's blessing. This eased her worries and helped her confidence for the start of the school year.
In the morning I walked her to the bus stop and as usual got a little teary eyed knowing she is growing up so fast and would be at school all day this year instead of just the 3 hours she went last year.
Although our day was nice at home, I have to say it was a little weird without Paige around. Avery kept asking, "Where is Paige?" "When will she be back" and it was REALLY quiet without her. We all waited excitedly on our porch for her to get off the school bus. As soon as I saw her face I knew she had a great time. Her smile said it all. She sat down and told us all about her new teacher, Miss Christensen. They had a luau in their class complete with leis and fruit and got to know each other. So far first grade was a hit.
When Paige got off the bus, Hadley kept smiling and cooing at her. You could tell she was really happy Paige was back at home with us. She adores Paige.
After dinner the girls and I went out for ice cream to celebrate the first day of school. (Tobey was at the temple). It was a perfect ending to a perfect first day of first grade!
Paige's Stats
Height: 45 inches
Weight: 38 lbs.
Teeth Lost So far: Two middle bottom
Favorites:
* movie: Alvin & The Chipmunks
* food: watermelon
* song: "Witch Doctor" (Alvin & The Chipmunks)
* cereal: Honey Bunches of Oats & Fruity Pebbles
* vegetable: Bell Peppers
* drink: "Sprite, actually Fresca"
* toy: Bike
* TV Show: Arthur
* game: Trouble
* book: Any Berenstein Bears
* restaurant: Red Robin!!!
* holiday: Christmas
* animal: dogs & horses
Random Questions
-If you could change your name, what would you choose? Ashley
-What do you love about each person in our family? - These are direct quotes from Paige:
Dad: "Because he kisses me too much" (giggles)
Mom: "Because she does everything for me, almost"
Kennedy: "That she shares with me"
Avery: "Because she is so stinkin' cute & she's so funny"
Hadley: "Because she's so stinkin' cute & she loves to play with me"
-Where would you like to go on vacation this year?
"China!" "Because I love China and I've always wanted to be there."
-What are some of your wishes for this year?
"A new puppy, a new horse, and a new baby like Hadley!"
"I would like to see the real Alvin & The Chipmunks too"
-What do you want to be when you grow up?
"A vet." "I mean a police, and maybe a mommy. Sometimes I want to be a police and sometimes I want to be a mommy."

Comments
Love all the answers too - very cute!
I love you all!!!! Wish we were closer to share these special times & get some sugar & chocolate from you guys :)
Uncle B