Six Months!!!

Our little Haddy turned six months old yesterday. She is such a great addition to our family. So far, she has been the easiest baby yet. (I hope this pattern continues - hee hee) She is such a content, happy baby. She loves to sit and observe the chaos of all three of her sisters. She is happiest in her little Bumbo watching them play. She will squeal, talk, smile, and laugh at them as they play and talk to her. We love her to death and are excited for the next six months of her first year. We have not been to her six month check up yet so we don't have her growth stats, but she is already wearing nine month clothing - she is pretty tall for her age.


Here are some of her six month milestones:
*She is sitting up by herself for the most part now. She is a little wobbly and will throw herself back or onto her face occasionally so we have to watch her pretty closely.
*She can roll both directions now, but she is not a travel roller. She likes to just lay and play in one place. She can also push up on both arms when she is laying on her tummy, she is getting pretty close to scooting herself backwards.
*She is the biggest drooler we have had to date. She soaks the front of her shirt in no time flat if I forget to put a bib on her.
*She is our first “blankie” baby. She loves to take soft fabrics and rub them on her face to calm herself down. I was so excited I ran right out and bought materials to make her her very own softies which she loves. :)
*She has taught herself to blow raspberries - she even blows them in her sleep which is pretty funny.
*She is a squealing baby. She hasn’t really babbled that much until just recently. Instead she squeals, with a high pitched happy squeal.
*She can almost clap her hands. Right now she will hold both hands out in front of herself and only move one back and forth in a clapping motion. She gets really excited about it and I wish I had it on video.
*She is a grabby baby. She will reach out and grab things faster than you can pull them away from her. She always seems to want whatever someone else is holding.
*She is EXTREMELY interested in food. She will watches us like a hawk following the spoon as it goes from our food to our mouths, reaching for the spoon and squealing. However, she has yet to take as much interest in her own rice cereal. She doesn’t really like it that much and spits it out forcefully most of the time. We are excited to try new foods now that she is old enough.
*Sadly, she has had her elbow disconnected twice. The first time Avery pulled her across the bed by her arm. Now, because it has been disconnected once she has a “nursemaid’s elbow” which means the joint is very fragile and can pop out at the tiniest force. On Sunday at church she was playing on the floor and I went to lift her up, not knowing she was holding onto the chair. I lifted her up and heard a pop. You guessed it, disconnected again. I am just thankful we have good insurance!
*As you can tell she is a much loved baby - we can't get enough of her!

My neighbor Brianne took some pictures of Hadley last week. They are much cuter than mine so you might want to check them out HERE

Comments

Jen said…
I CAN'T believe she is 6 months already! She is SO stinkin' cute! You always take the cutest pictures of your girls and I LOVE those pictures Brianne took too...the little naked bums are too cute!
Heidi Mae said…
I love all the folds in her arms! Rubberband wrists are the cutest on babies. Cute baby, cute pictures! Good to hear from you guys.
lrix said…
Seriously, they don't get any cuter than she is. That is sad she dislocated her elbow at church. She is tough because she didn't cry too hard about it.
Katie Fish said…
Oh she is getting cuter and cuter! I love that bum picture your friend took too. SO cute! I'm excited to come back and for Kaden to have a cousin so close in age close by for a little bit. It'll be fun!
Melissa said…
She is such a beautiful baby! Of course all of your children are. They get that from you! She is so cute and it is hard to believe our babies are 6 months already. I loved our photo shoot at Brianne's house. She did such a great job.
Kathi said…
Cute pictures Melyssa! Love the nose & mouth.

Popular Posts