A Fun Night

I would not normally describe myself as someone who would buy V.I.P. tickets a month in advance, arrive at the theater, and sit in line for two hours to watch a movie. To me that is a little drastic and extreme. (Especially a movie about vampires & werewolves) However, when it gives me an opportunity to hang out with a bunch of friends, I am willing to do whatever it takes. Last night I did just that. My friends and I went to see "New Moon" at midnight! We all read the Twilight books and had fun discussing them at our little book club and last year we all went to Twilight (not on opening night). We had so much fun last year we decided that this year we would go opening night and see what all the fuss was about. It was a blast. We talked, laughed, ate pizza, and watched all the people who were obsessed with Twilight. (On that note, there was even a guy at the theater dressed up like Edward, sparkles and all - lol!)
I have to say that I liked the movie quite a bit. I think I like the movies more than the books because the movies take out so much of the redundant dialogue between Bella & Edward. ("I love you, I want to be with you forever, I want to be a vampire" "No, I would never do that to you - I love you too much." yada, yada, yada) Yes, it is a movie about obsessive teenage love and mythical creatures, but it does have a certain appeal and I found myself swept up in the story. I was disappointed when the closing credits were rolling. You can bet that we will all be at the next movie together too - although I don't know if it will be the midnight showing, we did not get home until 2:45! Yikes, that is hard on an old woman like myself. :) I am SO thankful for good friends who are so much fun to be around. This group of women truly make me feel like a teenager again.

Comments

Jen said…
how fun! i really liked the books but wasn't the HUGEST fan of the movie but i heard new moon is much better than the first so i'm excited to see it. i agree though about the books, although I did love them, some of the dialogue was a little old...especially by the end of the series
Melissa said…
So fun! I wish I could have gone with you ladies. I want to do that next year. I guess it worked out for the best anyway because Derek was gone and Hayden was up all night teething & now has ear infection.
lrix said…
Looks like you had a great time. I would have gone but didn't want to shoot Scott down when he offered to take the day off work so he could take me himself.
Anonymous said…
Lys-that is so fun! I did the same thing with a bunch of girls in my ward and we had a blast. I loved this movie because (unlike most twilight fans)I am a Jacob-ite, so I liked this one a lot more than the first movie. I was so exausted the next day though-oh mama, but it was worth it!! And on a side note, I noticed in your halloween post that your girls love the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, which is so cute because so do my boys, anyway, did you know that a new movie is coming out at Christmas and it has the Chipettes (is that how you spell that?) Anyway, I thought your girls would be very excited about that. We saw the trailer and Ben and PJ were freaking out! It is called Alvin and the Chipmunks the Sqeakquel.

Popular Posts