And The Best Husband EVER Award Goes To.......

I may be bias but I think I have the BEST husband EVER! He is such an amazing man. He is loving, selfless, supportive, kind, PATIENT, adorable, Christlike, funny, a great father....the list goes on and on. He is always doing things to show me he loves me, but this week - he went OVER the top.....
On Friday I had an eye appointment and Tobey said that he would watch the girls for me while I went. However, when it came time for him to come home he walked in with his cousin Janessa, who he had asked to watch the girls. He said that she was going to watch them while he took me out for lunch after my eye appointment. I thought it was sweet that he had done this and told him I would call him when I was done.
After my eye appointment Tobey asked me to pick him up at his office. I arrived and he took over driving and handed me our GPS. He told me that he had some geocaching spots set up he wanted me to look at. I thought it was kind of strange but went along with it.
The first stop we made was outside Campus View Apartments. This is the apartment complex Tobey lived in when he was my FHE brother. It was where we met and started dating each other. At this point I knew something was up. I walked to the designated spot and found a brightly wrapped package with a large note on it that said, “HAPPY”. We went back into the car and he had me open the package. Inside was a towel, some flip flops, and sunscreen. He said, "This is your first clue". Then we continued on our way.
The next stop was at Porter Park. The location of our first kiss. I found another brightly wrapped package with a large note stating, “10 YEAR”. Again, we went back to the car where I opened the package. The second clue was a small toy car and airplane.
The last location was at the Rexburg Temple. We were married in the Los Angeles Temple, but he wanted to take me to the temple to symbolize our eternal marriage. The last package had a note on it that said, “ANNIVERSARY” and inside was a pineapple and snorkeling gear. Then he asked me what I thought the clues meant. I said, “You are taking me somewhere?” Duh!!! Then he had me try to guess where. My first guess was Hawaii because we have always wanted to go there as a couple, but because of pregnancies, going back to school, etc. have never been able to.
Then he held up the GPS which showed a pictures of the Hawaiian islands. He explained to me that even though our anniversary wasn’t until November, he was taking me to Hawaii the first week of May. I really was in shock. I had NOT expected this at all! He had arranged all the flights, lodging, etc. for us by himself. He even arranged for the kids to stay at his parents in California while we are gone. Then come up with a meaningful way of telling me by taking us to all of our “special” locations. What an amazing guy! I am so lucky! Other than excitement my first thought was - that only gives me eight weeks to get into swim suit shape! YIKES!!! :)
We ended our date by going to lunch at the Pineapple Grill and talking about all the fun things we are going to do when we get to Hawaii. I am a little bummed we did not take very many pictures (he videoed me at all the locations, but the files were too big to download) - Am I a lucky girl or what? Look out Hawaii - Here we come. This is going to be the BEST 10 Year Anniversary celebration ever!!!!

(Us at the Pineapple Grill)

Comments

Katie Fish said…
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome!! Way to go Tobey! Congrats Melyssa! You guys are going to have SOO much fun!!
lrix said…
He is very impressive. Scott can't keep a secrect or surprise me to save himself. Hawaii will be tons of fun!
Melissa said…
What an awesome surprise!!! Wow, good job Tobey! I think that will be such a memorable 10 year anniversary for sure!!
Kathi said…
So excited for you both! So excited for us both too :)
We're going to the Noah's Ark museum (hands on place) & the temple, inside the foyer, where their daddy helped renovate it. Still working on other things to do.
Oh, McDonalds with the great grandparents! Woo hoo. The girls are going on vacation too! :)
But yours will definitely be more fun.
Jen said…
that is AMAZING! way to set the bar tobey! can't wait to see all your pics of HAWAII!!!! you guys deserve a getaway. love you guys!
Granna said…
awwwwwwwww so creative and sweet.

Popular Posts