I Love To See The Temple

This week was the first time we started having the girls take a turn teaching the lesson for Family Home Evening. (We are a little late, I know). It was Paige's turn to teach and we told her that her topic was the temple. She was very excited to give her lesson. She started the week out by drawing a picture of the temple, and she and I sat down and wrote a lesson together about what the temple is, what we do there, and why it is important in our life.
On Monday she told me that she wanted to bear her testimony, but she wanted to write it down so she would not get nervous and forget what she wanted to say, so we added it to the bottom of her lesson page. That night she stood up and read the lesson we had prepared. After each line of the lesson we had written together, she would stop and say, "That means...." and proceed to explain in her own words what the statement meant. The Spirit was so strong as she stood in front of us teaching and testifying of the power of the temple. At the end of the lesson she bore her testimony of the temple:
"I bear my testimony that the temple is Heavenly Father's house and that he visits it sometimes. When I get married, I am going to get married in the temple. I am going to do baptisms for the dead. I hope mom and dad you keep doing work in the temple for other people. And I hope my sisters will get married in the temple. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen"
To be able to hear my daughter testify of her love for the temple was such an amazing experience. I love the temple and I am so thankful that my children are growing up with a desire to go to the Lord's house someday. Her testimony and righteous desires are such a strength and example to me of striving harder each day to become more like my God and my Savior. What a blessing to have such strong, righteous spirits in our home to help us to become better. I love the plan of salvation, I love my God, my Savior and their gospel, and I LOVE my eternal family. :)

Comments