Celebrating Spring

All week the girls have been so excited about Saturday because it was "the first day of Spring!" They kept talking about it, asking me how many more days until Saturday, etc. So when Saturday arrived, they were beside themselves with happiness. Kennedy immediately went downstairs to get dressed and came up in shorts and a T-shirt. She proceeded to head towards the door. When I asked her what she was doing she said, "It's the first day of Spring!" Then she opened the door, took a few steps outside, ran back in and said in a very disappointed voice, "It's STILL cold outside!" I guess she thought that the first day of spring immediately ended the colder weather we've been having.
After finding out that spring does not automatically equal 60 degree weather, the girls were kind of sad so we decided to cheer them up by celebrating the first day of spring with our first picnic of the year. Since we were desperately in need of grocery shopping, we had a simple picnic of crackers, cheese, peanut butter, and fruit. The girls didn't seem to mind.
We sat on a blanket in our yard in the sunny, yet windy day and had a picnic as a family. This seemed to brighten the girls up and we promised that the weather would eventually warm up but for now we should just enjoy the sunshine. Welcome Spring!!!!

Comments

Katie The Lady said…
What a perfect way to celebrate the first day of spring!! And those "humble" picnic foods sound like perfect picnic foods to me!!!
Kathi said…
Oh Kennedy, that was so funny. I just could picture it as you said it - it made me laugh.
First day of spring made me want to go get some pretty flowers for the table - but I didn't :(
Cute pictures with a fun day.
Wait until they learn about "spring cleaning" How fun will THAT be!? :)
Katie Fish said…
Wow...Rexburg got sun?!?!! Haha. Fun times! And I don't know what you mean by poor mans picnic...that's a healthy man's picnic!! SO fun. Cute pictures!
Melissa said…
You guys are such a cute family! I love the spring and I hope it warms up again soon. It was so nice last week.
John said…
Hooray for Spring! Looks like you guys had a great time, even if it was still cold outside. What a fun family day!
Love, Grandpa O

Popular Posts