Happy Little Hadley

Hadley is an the age where it seems like they learn something new everyday. She is constantly surprising us with all the things she can do now. Her biggest recent accomplishment is going up and down the stairs by herself. We are super excited to FINALLY have the baby gate off the top of our stairwell. She is super excited to be able to follow her sisters EVERYWHERE. :) She was so excited the first day we took the gate off that she literally spent the entire day going up and down, up and down smiling and talking the entire time.

Some other cute things she does now are picking out clothes and shoes. She will come up to me holding a pair of shoes (often non matching) and point at her feet until I put them on. She also does this with clothes and hair bows. She will bring clothes to me and swing them over her head so they are draped on her neck like a scarf. Then she will keep attempting to put them on herself until I finally put them on for her. With the hair bows she will scrape them on her head trying to put them on. Often leaving red welts on her face and head until I put them on for her. She is already into fashion. Hahaha!

She has completed weaned now so she is drinking whole milk and she LOVES it! She would probably drink it all day long if I let her. As for eating, she goes through spurts. There are days when she will eat anything we put in front of her, and other days when she will hardly eat anything at all. And she WILL NOT eat anything if we try to feed it to her on a spoon. She has to feed herself. She is very stubborn about that. So, that means no gooey soft foods right now like apple sauce or yogurt because she will not let us give them to her and proceeds to dump them out all over her tray and the floor.
She now has three molars! And I think she is working on another tooth somewhere in her mouth because her constant drooling is back.
She is just such a fun little girl with her happy personality and funny scrunched nose smile. We love her to death and are so lucky to have her in our family. We love you Haddy!

Comments

Katie The Lady said…
That is so cute that she brings you clothes and accessories for her to wear-hahaha! What a girl! And is is fantastic that she can go up and down the stairs by herself!!!
Chelsea Emeline said…
What a little fashionista! I guess it comes naturally since she has 3 big sisters who are all so fun and girlie. How cute!
Melissa said…
That is so cute that she tries to pick out her clothes and shoes. I can't believe she is going down stairs already. I am too scared to let Hayden try. I am paranoid because my other two kids have fallen down them when they were little.
Hayden does the same thing with food. He has to feed himself. Don't you love how independent they get so quick.
Wow, molars! They grow up too fast. Sob! She is so darling and such a sweet little girl. All of your girls are sweet!
Katie Fish said…
I can't believe how much more grown up she looks. Our babies are so big and we're no longer near each other to watch them grow. :( Miss you guys!
lrix said…
She just makes me smile. I love that she is into dress up. You are so good about capturing all these moments. We forget these kind of things way too easily.

Popular Posts