Hadley's 4th Birthday
I am still in shock that Hadley is four.....Egads! Wasn't her first birthday just yesterday?!?! Awwww, look how little and cute she was! :)
She is still cute, but not even close to as little. She is growing like a weed. I wish she would slow down already!
I had a lot of fun asking her the birthday questions for the year. She has such a spunky personality. She did not sit still the entire time I was talking to her. She was dancing, posing, jumping, singing.....it took WAY longer than it should have to get these questions down. All these answers are straight from her mouth.
And as per tradition here are Hadley’s Birthday Questions
Favorites
*color: “I like purple”
*thing to do outside: “play hide and seek”
* movie: “Lalaloopsy”
*thing to eat for breakfast: “yogurt”
*thing to eat for lunch: “almond butter”
*thing to eat for dinner: “spaghetti & meatballs”
*song: “A, B, C, D”
*primary song: “Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam”
*cereal: “The candy kind with marshmallows candy in it” (I am still puzzled with this, Lucky Charms maybe?)
*vegetable: “salad”
*fruit: “mala-melon” (watermelon)
* drink: “juice”
* toy: “Ariel and Rapunzel”
* TV Show: “Big, Big Friend, & Arthur”
* game: “Bingo”
*book: “Bad Kitty” & “The Princess Book”
*scripture story: “Jesus, when Him died”
* restaurant: “Mickey-Donalds”
* holiday: “Valentine’s Day, I love those!”
*animal: “a giraffe”
Random Questions
*Who is your best friend? “Kate and Lila”
*What are your talents? - “drawing, and brushing my teef and smelling my breaf”
“.... and singing and dancing" (which she quickly demonstrates by her killer ballet moves)
“....and balancing” (she exclaims as she leaps onto the back of the couch in a Superman pose)
*If you could change your name, what would you choose? “Katie”
*What do you like to take with to bed with you each night? “My Lalaloopsies”
*What do you love about each person in our family?
Dad: “He plays with us”
Mom: “Kisses and hugs.”
Paige: “Her always loves me.”
Kennedy: “Her always plays with me”
Avery: “Her plays with me.”
*Where would you like to go on vacation this year?
“I want to go on the Tarantula Hill” (A hill we hike sometimes as a family) and “At Utah”
*What do you want to be when you grow up?
"I want to be a princess."
*What are some of your wishes for this year?
“I wish I had a itchy-wawa (Chihuahua) and a dog.”
“I wish I had a cat” (she says as she puts both her hands over her heart and rolls her eyes skyward dramatically)
“I wish I had the blue Lalaloopsy.”
Hadley's birthday was on Sunday this year. I love Sunday birthdays. They are so low-key. We woke up and she had the cereal she had chosen for her breakfast (Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries). As per tradition, we let her open one present in the morning. It was a "princess dress" that she could wear to church. She has been asking for a brand new dress for awhile, and she was SUPER excited to put it on. She kept lifting the corner of it like all the princesses do. It was super cute!
After she was beautified, we all went to church. We spent the rest of the day hanging out as a family, watching Sunday appropriate movies and cuddling on the couch. Then we had a bunch of family over for dinner. (Great-grandma Lila, Great Grandma and Grandpa Regas, Grandma and Grandpa Orme, Aunt Claudia, and Aunt Lori). We had spaghetti and meatballs (actually "the curly noodles, not the long ones") with garlic bread and salad. And then we had a chocolate Lalaloospy cake, and rainbow chip cupcakes with ice cream for dessert. It was fun to watch Hadley try to blow our her candles. It took her about four tries.
She is still cute, but not even close to as little. She is growing like a weed. I wish she would slow down already!
I had a lot of fun asking her the birthday questions for the year. She has such a spunky personality. She did not sit still the entire time I was talking to her. She was dancing, posing, jumping, singing.....it took WAY longer than it should have to get these questions down. All these answers are straight from her mouth.
And as per tradition here are Hadley’s Birthday Questions
Favorites
*color: “I like purple”
*thing to do outside: “play hide and seek”
* movie: “Lalaloopsy”
*thing to eat for breakfast: “yogurt”
*thing to eat for lunch: “almond butter”
*thing to eat for dinner: “spaghetti & meatballs”
*song: “A, B, C, D”
*primary song: “Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam”
*cereal: “The candy kind with marshmallows candy in it” (I am still puzzled with this, Lucky Charms maybe?)
*vegetable: “salad”
*fruit: “mala-melon” (watermelon)
* drink: “juice”
* toy: “Ariel and Rapunzel”
* TV Show: “Big, Big Friend, & Arthur”
* game: “Bingo”
*book: “Bad Kitty” & “The Princess Book”
*scripture story: “Jesus, when Him died”
* restaurant: “Mickey-Donalds”
* holiday: “Valentine’s Day, I love those!”
*animal: “a giraffe”
Random Questions
*Who is your best friend? “Kate and Lila”
*What are your talents? - “drawing, and brushing my teef and smelling my breaf”
“.... and singing and dancing" (which she quickly demonstrates by her killer ballet moves)
“....and balancing” (she exclaims as she leaps onto the back of the couch in a Superman pose)
*If you could change your name, what would you choose? “Katie”
*What do you like to take with to bed with you each night? “My Lalaloopsies”
*What do you love about each person in our family?
Dad: “He plays with us”
Mom: “Kisses and hugs.”
Paige: “Her always loves me.”
Kennedy: “Her always plays with me”
Avery: “Her plays with me.”
*Where would you like to go on vacation this year?
“I want to go on the Tarantula Hill” (A hill we hike sometimes as a family) and “At Utah”
*What do you want to be when you grow up?
"I want to be a princess."
*What are some of your wishes for this year?
“I wish I had a itchy-wawa (Chihuahua) and a dog.”
“I wish I had a cat” (she says as she puts both her hands over her heart and rolls her eyes skyward dramatically)
“I wish I had the blue Lalaloopsy.”
Hadley's birthday was on Sunday this year. I love Sunday birthdays. They are so low-key. We woke up and she had the cereal she had chosen for her breakfast (Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries). As per tradition, we let her open one present in the morning. It was a "princess dress" that she could wear to church. She has been asking for a brand new dress for awhile, and she was SUPER excited to put it on. She kept lifting the corner of it like all the princesses do. It was super cute!
After she was beautified, we all went to church. We spent the rest of the day hanging out as a family, watching Sunday appropriate movies and cuddling on the couch. Then we had a bunch of family over for dinner. (Great-grandma Lila, Great Grandma and Grandpa Regas, Grandma and Grandpa Orme, Aunt Claudia, and Aunt Lori). We had spaghetti and meatballs (actually "the curly noodles, not the long ones") with garlic bread and salad. And then we had a chocolate Lalaloospy cake, and rainbow chip cupcakes with ice cream for dessert. It was fun to watch Hadley try to blow our her candles. It took her about four tries.
Next came the gift opening. She got a lot of really fun gifts:
From Paige: Tic Tacs and a pack of Trident gum
From Kennedy: A princess puzzle
From Avery: A headband and Minnie Mouse Puzzle
From Grandma & Grandmpa Orme: Two skirts, a pair of leggings, and a shirt
From Grandma & Grandpa Regas: A card and money
From Grandma Lila: A card and a cute butterfly pin
From Aunt Claudia: A card and money
From Tobey & I: New skirts, letter and number puzzles, new cups, and Ariel and Rapunzel dolls.
She liked her presents, but she was a little disappointed she did not get the white-haired Lalaloopsy doll she requested. (It is a collector's doll and costs $85.00 - so she was out of luck)
What can I say about Hadley Grace?
* She LOVES to learn. We have mommy & me preschool (I teach her at home) and there is not a day that goes by where the minute we get back from dropping the other girls at school she does not say, "Can we do preschool now?". She loves to do worksheets, learning games, puzzles, and sing. It is cute to see her enthusiasm for learning.
*She is a little drama queen. She is very animated while talking. She loves to tell stories and talk using expressive voices. She often has all of us in giggles at the dinner table while she tells us about her dreams, or something that happened to her during the day. She is hilarious!
*She still loves singing and dancing, especially in front of mirrors. She will sing and dance for hours (I am not exaggerating). It is really cute to listen to the songs she makes up. They are really creative.
*She is VERY opinionated about what she will and will not wear! Oye! She will only wear skirts and calf length leggings. That. Is. It. She has SO many cute little pairs of jeans that all her sisters wore, that I wish she would put on, but she is not having it. If all of her skirts and leggings are dirty (because before her birthday she did not have a lot of them) she would go digging through the dirty laundry basket, find them, and put them on. I have learned that fighting this battle is not worth it, and I just let her dress herself now. Some days I have to put aside my pride and let her proudly stroll down the aisles at the store wearing a florescent pink tutu with a red shirt, gray leggings, and her sparkly black church shoes - whatever. - Hey hopefully people realize she is just an opinionated four-year-old who likes to dress herself right. At least most of the time she will let me fix her hair. ;)
*I am not sure what it is, but normally we struggle getting Hadley to eat her dinner. Breakfast and lunch she will gobble down without giving me any problems, but dinner? Forget it! It's not that she's a picky eater because she will eat a lot of different foods, but dinner is a struggle for her. I am hoping this issue will resolve itself this year. There are a lot of nights that she goes to bed hungry because she simply does not eat.
*Hadley is a very loving girl. She tries very hard to do what is right. When I ask her to do something she normally replies with "Okay mudder!" and at least starts the task. She loves to play with her sisters, and is especially close with Avery. The two of them are best buddies and often put on "shows and plays" together.
*She still wants to pick the song during family home evening every week and she still picks, "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" Every. Single. Time.
There are so many more things about Hadley that I love and know I will kick myself for not writing down but my pregnant brain only allows so much memory at a time. I just know that we all adore her! She makes us laugh and smile and brings a lot of joy into our home. We love you Hadley Grace!




Comments