Four Months!

This is the first official post about my pregnancy with baby #5.  So far this pregnancy has been pretty great.
FIRST TRIMESTER RECAP....
Like all my other pregnancies, I was queasy and tired from about 7 weeks until around 14 weeks.  My upset stomach was usually calmed by eating something, but nothing really every sounded good to eat. Or at least nothing I should eat.... It's been tricky with my restricted diet. In my last pregnancies I lived on bland foods like crackers, bread, etc. to calm my stomach, but this time those foods are off limits for me, so it has been challenging. I have to admit I was more lenient with myself, especially in the dairy category and I ate WAY more dairy than I should have, but oh well.....
    I was still able to exercise every day and I really think that this is what helps me feel so good during the first sicky months. And aside from the exhaustion and nausea the only other side effect was the MOOD SWINGS.....holy moly was I MOODY! My poor husband and children had to put up with Dr. Jekyl and Mrs. Hyde for the first few months. I was grumpy, short-tempered, and weepy to the point of insanity. And although I am still overly emotional, I do feel like my moods have evened out somewhat now that I am into the second trimester.
   I feel like I started showing earlier than I did with Hadley, but I was also in better shape when I had Hadley, so I don't know for sure.... And that about sums up my first trimester. 
CRAVINGS:
-I craved meat for the first 10 weeks or so. Any kind of meat was good, but the saltier, the better. My three favorites were turkey bacon, turkey sausage, and salami. I could not get enough. I seriously felt like a man eating and craving tons and tons of meat! Hahaha.
 -I also craved anything salty and crunchy. My biggest craving was Cheetos. (So not on my approved food list) I did indulge too many times.....although I tried to eat "healthier" versions like Baked Cheetos and Pirates Booty when I did eat it. 
Baby #5 at about 9 Weeks!

FOUR MONTH UPDATE 
   My second trimester has been pretty great so far. My energy is back, and my constant nausea is gone. I do get nauseous from time to time, but that is usually if I don't eat frequently enough. My main complaint right now is an awful facial rash. My perioral dermatitis (a rash around my nose and chin) that I get from time to time is completely inflamed, which is painful and UGLY. And the rest of my face is super dry and itchy, but I can't use any lotions or anything other than coconut oil on it because it makes it worse. So right now I am red faced and itchy which is annoying, but what can you do? I am currently working with a natropathic doctor to see if there is something in my diet flaring things up. (No more sneaking Cheetos for me, hahaha!)
   Other than that I feel great. I have been consistently working out every day - from Turbo Jam, to Weight training, walking, and even step aerobics (well, I was until my sprained ankle incident which I will post about separately).
   I feel like I am less grumpy than before, although I still cry all the time over everything. And I am also working on some anxiety issues that I have. I am constantly worried about my health and the babies health because of my autoimmune issues.
   Speaking of my issues - so far my thyroid numbers have been in the normal range. I am praying they stay that way. I am working very hard to keep my diet as clean as possible to ensure our health as much as possible.
   We have our ultrasound in two weeks and I am having a hard time not finding out the sex this time. I am not sure why. I am itching to make baby things, so it would be nice to know if I am having a boy or a girl, but I love the suspense of not knowing until the baby is born. Most likely I will hold out, but you never know!
CRAVINGS
-My current obsession is hummus. I love that stuff! I eat it almost everyday for lunch with carrots, cucumbers, and snap peas. I could seriously eat it by the spoonful. Yummy!
-I have also been super craving yogurt, but have not been able to find any dairy free yogurt that tasted even close to regular yogurt. Yesterday I succeeded in making my own homemade coconut milk yogurt using my yogurt maker and probiotics. It was a HUGE success! I see lots and lots of yogurt in my future! Woo Hoo! 
Baby at 12 weeks.

 My 16 Week Belly!
I hope the rest of my pregnancy is as smooth as the first four months have been!


Comments

Rochelle said…
Have you tried lil yamis yogurt? Cc loves then and they are lactose free.
Kathi said…
Find out the sex this time!!! How fun to 1)make things-like you said 2) "it" can have a name so the girls can relate to "it" ;) 3) IF it's a boy, how exciting will that be for everyone to prepare for. But same for a girl too. 4) it's a FAMILY thing together to be excited about 5) if it's a boy Tobey doesn't have to hide it all by himself, again.

So glad you're feeling better.
The Fawcett's said…
If the sayings are true you are having a boy cause you crave salty things. I craved salty things with Trenton, but since he has been my only pregnancy, I have nothing to compare it too. Plus I love salty things when I'm not pregnant, so who knows.
Hohmann Family said…
Okay - I totally missed 1) that you were pregnant: Congrats! and 2) that you were having health issues?? Hopefully the cravings and the food diet will begin to go more hand-in-hand. Good luck!

Popular Posts