Snow Day
A few weeks ago (I am late again posting) we had our first snow day of the year. It was on October 5th. I was very upset because I am NOT ready for winter, however my kids saw the snow and immediately started jumping up and down with excitement. Right after breakfast they got their snow gear on and they played outside for about an hour and a half. (Paige was out of school for the week because of potato harvest). They built snowmen, ran around, jumped on the slippery trampoline, and threw snowballs at Scout. After they were done playing they came inside for nice warm cups of cocoa (a tradition for us). It was hard for me to stay mad at the weather after seeing how happy it made the girls. Plus, all the snow had melted by the end of the day and hasn't been back yet. It is supposed to snow this week again though - yuck! I just get upset when winter invades fall around here. Fall is my favorite season and it never seems to last long enough. I am glad that the girls got to have a fun wintery day in the middle of fall to make some fun memories, but I hope winter STAYS away for quite awhile! :)
Comments
I love their cute snow clothes, and the snowman!!